Dipsy Divers going to China

Sorry to say Luhr Jenson is shipping jobs overseas making availability difficult right now. Buy up the ones on the shelf as we have no idea what kind of quality we will see.

Try  the Chinook  Diver  made  in the USA  when released  you don't know you have a diver  on the line

2nd this and the best part is it's made from stainless so it doesn't doesn't crack or break.

Edited by Chas0218

2nd this and the best part is it's made from stainless so it doesn't doesn't crack or break.

TOUCHE'...!..UHH..Unfortunately it's old news been going there since 2007 with some products and Finland too (rapala)..maybe lead is better from China?..no cause the company RAPALA wants 80% more profit AND WE GET LESS QUALITY same price:(....shameful :angry:

Chinook diver it is!...

http://www.oregonbusiness.com/archives/53-february-2006/1583-hood-rivers-luhr-jensen-a-sons-decides-to-cut-bait

Intresting story of company pride...and legacy preservation.

cent frum my notso smart fone

Edited by skipper19

TOUCHE'...!..UHH..Unfortunately it's old news been going there since 2007 with some products and Finland too (rapala)..maybe lead is better from China?..no cause the company RAPALA wants 80% more profit AND WE GET LESS QUALITY same price:(....shameful :angry:

Chinook diver it is!...

http://www.oregonbusiness.com/archives/53-february-2006/1583-hood-rivers-luhr-jensen-a-sons-decides-to-cut-bait

Intresting story of company pride...and legacy preservation.

It might have something to do with the USA not manufacturing lead anymore.  If that is the case the price of lead will soar and cause more companies to buy lead from over seas and raise the price of their products.

We can thank the EPA for that one.

maybe if the sportsman let Rapala sell the product in China where there are only 7 fish left. and start supporting our small local companys when they feel it in their pockets they will react.

Our legislators in Washington and Albany have made manufacturing anything in the USA uncompetitive in the world economy. You have to look at the fact that we are now in a world economy and there are no borders to give you an advantage. We are citizens of the world now, not just the USA, and our legislators do not have a clue to make us survive. Free Trade allows anybody that can make something cheaper in the world the ability to avoid the American taxes and EPA, Labor and military costs that we are burdened with.

I hope someone hacked you site Jimski as this is your first post in 8 years that leaves me baffeled ..

Ray K . U.S.M.C. Full blooded American ,,, well i am 1/2 pollack, !/2 Whop..

And a frog man. ..and indian..and buffed..Some sasquatch. .and...and ....a real lovable guy!

I think that any American company that moves overseas should not be allowed to sell their product in the us period. I also that we should all buy american made products to the best extent possible

Edited by Adk1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: purchased two of these, look very well made and durable. Only thing is I usually wrap the leader around the diver when storing, I noticed some nicks from it so I'll have to modify the edges or something but no biggie. Good news is within half hour we ripped a king, nothing big but worked like a charm. You guys will laugh at this one. Second rip, nothing there, but when the rod went limp and I went to grab it, it felt like the whole rig was lost. I was ticked to say the least, until I reeled it in and everything was there. That's how easy and light they feel compared to a Luhr dipsey. Anyway, thought I would share. Good product.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

good advice,chinook for now on.Buying USA is deceving  though because the law allows anything 10% made here to wear the label.People have to get into writing letters and getting organized or same old same old they say.

Buy Daredevils. One of the best and oldest (100+ years) lures made in the U.S. Out of Dearborn Michigan, I can attest to their effectiveness, particularly with members of the pike family. This is one of the originals....... who have not gone overseas for cheaper production...................  They also make Evil Eye spoons......I'm just sayin'.............. :handshake::mmm:

Edited by panfisher