Tuna Toms

I am planning on upgrading the drags on a few of my convectors but noticed that the only convector model he has listed is the 55. Now I noticed that some of the other reel models listed are the same drag for the 50's though the 20's. So possibly is it the same drag for my 30's as my copper reels with the 55s?

Guys,

I've used Tuna Tom's three times this year and have been favorably impressed.  Fast turnaround, quality workmanship, and

amazing prices.  From my experiences, Tuna Tom's is the only place for reel service and repair.  He has worked on Penn,

Diawa, and Okuma for me, nothing short of terrific !

I am planning on upgrading the drags on a few of my convectors but noticed that the only convector model he has listed is the 55. Now I noticed that some of the other reel models listed are the same drag for the 50's though the 20's. So possibly is it the same drag for my 30's as my copper reels with the 55s?

Let me know what you find out - I have four convector 30's and two 55's that need done too.

Called him today and I told him I have 3 reels to check out.  He said to send them.  Never asked what kind or size.  I sent 2 magna pro 20 and 1 cv45.  Last year I sent 12 reels all Okuma 20, 30, 45, and 55.  No problems.

I sent my Cabelas brand reels to Tom explaining to him that you have to pull the line with the drag set where you want it, the first time because they all stick, then they are alright the rest of the day, next trip same $hit, he knew exactly what I was talking about. Got all 15 of my reels back, work flawlessly, all done for approx. half the price of a new DM45. He's got my business, and a pleasure to talk to also. PAP.

• Like 1

Im consolidating all my reels to older penns.Mostly 320 330 and 340. I had a bad drag on one I bought on ebay and decided to fix it.many good repair videos on youtube on this subject. Now I can fix all my reels without sending them out.parts are pretty cheap also

anticipation is often worse than reelezation,lol

• 4 weeks later...

Let me know what you find out - I have four convector 30's and two 55's that need done too.

I sent a CV30D and a CV55L to Tuna Tom's today for repairs.  Gotta pay shipping both ways and then price of repair.  But figure it will be a lot cheaper than buying 2 new reels.  Shipping out was $10.15 (cheapest) at post office.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tuna Tom is great.  There is a nice stand posted for you doityourselfers  do a search for here for " reel repair stand."   I bumped it up its in the general dis. section  :yes:

Edited by Big Dave

• 3 years later...

Here is their number: ‭(231) 907-0052‬

Look up their website and print out the repair sheet, and put it in the box with the reel when you ship them.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sk8man said:

Amnerican servicing the way it should be done!:yes:

Dont you just love it when spell check over rules your wordings. :envy:

Not a difficult or unfamiliar word either :lol: I corrected it Mike thanks for bringing it to my attention

Edited by Sk8man

• 3 weeks later...

That sucks! I've used him several times throughout the years and have nothing but good things to say. This is generally his most hectic time of year, too. The best way to ensure a rapid turn around is to do like Scotty and send him your reels at the end of the season.