My son Cam scores on a nice doe!

Gene Shenk

My 14 year old son Cam took a nice doe on our 5 acres behind our house sunday morning, this is his first doe. He shot a small buck when he was 12 but came up empty last year waiting for a 2 1/2 year old or better buck. He missed a doe last year so he was determined to shoot a nice doe woth his bow this year. He told me his leggs shook for 20 minutes after he shot her! He made a great double lung 10 yard shot which turned into less than 100 yard tracking job! Now he said it will be easier waiting for that 2+ year old buck. 

post-139757-0-06033000-1412599112_thumb.jpg

If the shake goes away,it's no fun anymore,nice job with the bow,sometimes the mature does are harder to get because they are more aware of everything.good going!!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Cam and I have read all your positive comments and we thank you guys very much, he loves this site as much as I do and he hopes to share more success with you guys in the future! Cam also said to say good luck out there and he is looking forward to reading about you and your familys success this hunting season! :yes:  :yes:

Cam and I have read all your positive comments and we thank you guys very much, he loves this site as much as I do and he hopes to share more success with you guys in the future! Cam also said to say good luck out there and he is looking forward to reading about you and your familys success this hunting season! :yes:  :yes:

Sounds like a great kid. Just the fact that he took time to say thanks and wish others luck. Good job Dad !!!.

Thanks Mike,

Cam is a Great Kid he is not naturally great at anything Sports, Hunting, fishing even school work but he has learned that with hard work he can succeed at anything. I think his struggles have made him appreciate other people, especially ones that are positive towards him. I am lucky to have him as a son and a hunting and fishing buddy!

Nice job Cam !  pssssst......now go thank your dad for showing you how to hunt and for letting you get involved in a great sport ....make him feel proud,like you feel getting that beautiful doe....NOW....go thank him !!!