Spring Browns

This season....probably August if we're lucky :lol:  As soon as the ice is safely out. Just a word of caution (based on personal experience) Always avoid going out there when you still have ice behind you in a canal or channel that has not come out into the lake yet. You can leave the launch ramp fine only to return and realize that the ice floes have broken loose upstream and blocked your return to the launch and you may find yourself crunching your way through the ice floes (if you are luck enough to find some that won't sink your boat ...right Admiral Byrd?) :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Come on Les.  You need a sense of adventure.  We had it happen at Irondequoit bay years ago.  You just have to drop a guy off with the truck keys and drive to the next port.

Come on Les. You need a sense of adventure. We had it happen at Irondequoit bay years ago. You just have to drop a guy off with the truck keys and drive to the next port.

Definitely been there and done that!!

When tenps go up over 32 for a couple weeks we're ready. Ice boom is our only hitch. Even in the coldest years the ice lets up in less than a week. The lakers are out there and hungry now. May is a great month. Maybe the best, because as the water warms the fish get active. Hungry silver and steele, green and brown. No matter what your partial to, its goin on in may. I have this daydream every day. I'll see ya there.

as every spring thaw be careful to watch for debris too. I was a little too eager one year and was not only dodging ice chucks but floatings logs and debris that were freshly washed down river into the lake

I am hitting Lake O this year for some spring action. Really wanted to last year and just didnt make it and what a banner season for browns! I will this year!

as every spring thaw be careful to watch for debris too. I was a little too eager one year and was not only dodging ice chucks but floatings logs and debris that were freshly washed down river into the lake

You've got that right!  Every tree and piece of debris that flushes out of the Niagara and the Genny ends up in line offshore headed east - it's Asteroids & you're the target. 

I am in the water at the end of march, fishing in the first weekend in april. Last year I was delayed for the first trip till the second weekend in april. This year I would say it will be the second weekend of april again. I heard there was ice fisherman on the river in front of shumways. They said the ice was 18" plus. I have never seen or heard of such a thing. They have big kahuna's.