That is what it is all about, watching the kids or other people on the boat catch big fish. I have had the pleasure to have many people catch the biggest fish of their life on my boat.

I saw a nice StarCraft for sale on this site at a good price. I had to get rid of my 18 foot Polarkraft 3 years ago after taking a rogue wave over the back with my brother and 2 kids hooked up with a 25 lb king. Filled the boat with water, lost the fish, and went and bought a new boat.

Heading out tomorrow with my oldest son who just graduated from Clarkson with 2 majors and a minor. He needs a break after 4 hard years so hopefully we put a few fish on the boat.

Tight lines! James

you just don't know how lucky you are! nice job to both of you, her for the fish, you for the best fishing partner a man can have!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome job. Remember these times as they go by way to fast. I have 2 daughters of my own and any time spent alone with them is a treasure and making memories like this she will never forget is priceless

Thank you everyone for the kind words and congratulations!  This site is awesome.  I moved from Minnesota nearly 2 years ago and have been learning how to fish for Trout and Salmon in the area waters since I didn't have experience pursuing these type of fish in MN.  Tributaries, the shore of Lade O and waders have been good to me for the last year and a half.  Knew I would need to get out on the lake and bought a 16.5' Lund this year.  I've trolled a little about 10 times so far and seem to be catching bigger and bigger fish, but know there are plenty bigger out there.  My three kids (16, 12 & 9) have grown up around fishing either coming with me in the boats, off docks at grandparents in MN or seeing me come home with pictures of trophies released to be caught again when the fish are even bigger.  This was not my daughter's first Lake Trout, but it is the biggest anyone has caught from our boat so far...

This site has been great to read and learn from.  Many of you understand the passion that I have for fishing and appreciate the effect fishing can have on impressionable children.  I even went fishing last year with someone that PM'd me with an open spot in their boat.  I learned a little and it turned out that he was a fisherman who was reigniting a lure company, Great Lakes Lure Company.  Jason is great guy that is making and selling lures that fish want to eat.  My favorite is the Oakie Doakie which I caught my first Lake Trout on from his boat.  He's not paying me to say this :)

I look forward to reading plenty more on this site and sharing my and my children's experiences.  Tight lines!

As everyone has already said, that is what its all about.  I would take a smile on my kid catching a fish like that, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, over me catching a fish.  That memory is worth 1000x more than any price tag on a boat.  So awesome! 

I'm a father of 3 yr old twins, and an Elementary PE Teacher, as said before her smile says it all. If there were more parents taking their kids fishing the world would be a better place, and it would have a lot more happy children in it!  Having to see everyday the struggles some of these kids go through will give you perspective very quickly.

I love the story and the picture because I had the same thing happen with my daughter 18 years ago and was about the same age as your daughter, she still loves to fish and still brags about that 18lb king which we have hanging on our wall, congratulations to you and your daughter I know it will be a lifetime memory that you will both treasure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you everyone for the kind words and congratulations!  This site is awesome.  I moved from Minnesota nearly 2 years ago and have been learning how to fish for Trout and Salmon in the area waters since I didn't have experience pursuing these type of fish in MN.  Tributaries, the shore of Lade O and waders have been good to me for the last year and a half.  Knew I would need to get out on the lake and bought a 16.5' Lund this year.  I've trolled a little about 10 times so far and seem to be catching bigger and bigger fish, but know there are plenty bigger out there.  My three kids (16, 12 & 9) have grown up around fishing either coming with me in the boats, off docks at grandparents in MN or seeing me come home with pictures of trophies released to be caught again when the fish are even bigger.  This was not my daughter's first Lake Trout, but it is the biggest anyone has caught from our boat so far...

This site has been great to read and learn from.  Many of you understand the passion that I have for fishing and appreciate the effect fishing can have on impressionable children.  I even went fishing last year with someone that PM'd me with an open spot in their boat.  I learned a little and it turned out that he was a fisherman who was reigniting a lure company, Great Lakes Lure Company.  Jason is great guy that is making and selling lures that fish want to eat.  My favorite is the Oakie Doakie which I caught my first Lake Trout on from his boat.  He's not paying me to say this :)

I look forward to reading plenty more on this site and sharing my and my children's experiences.  Tight lines!

This is the first time I have been on LOU since construction season wound up, and I'm sorry I missed this!

Congratulation Jeff and especially to your daughter! I can't tell you how pleased I was to read your story. I'm glad to hear Great Lakes Lures was the lure she caught that impressive catch with. Looking forward to hearing more stories from you and your daughter next year!

Once again, congratulations to you and your daughter and thank you for the kind remarks. Hopefully we can get a chance to fish together again next year.

Merry Christmas everyone and a safe and happy new year!