With all the nasty NE wind we've had, we decided to run off shore in hopes of a good Steelhead bite. Wasn't dissapointed whatsoever. We found a temp break from 51-47 out past 500 fow. Our best baits were....RED!  Old school honeybees and the Sodus Point Buckeye Stinger were very good. Ran most of our rigs off the surface to 15 feet down. Slide divers, split shot rigs worked better than my riggers.

Word of caution....we ran into a colder temp break out in a fog bank. It looked really good until we got closer and it was a scum line with a 30ft wide mat of Cottonwood. Thats stuff is no bueno. I will take fleas over that stuff all day long.

Tomorrow looks like she is going to blow hard out of the NNE. That is sure to throw a knuckleball into the Temp conditions (right after the curvball from earlier this week.) Good luck out there guys.... and watch out for the floating debris.

Still learning how to run spreads, would you mind elaborating on how you fish that shallow???

What were the divers set at to be that shallow?? all I can think of are slide divers with a very long lead.

The split shot rigs-were you using mono or braid ,   maybe on on boards???

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Chuck

Still learning how to run spreads, would you mind elaborating on how you fish that shallow???

What were the divers set at to be that shallow?? all I can think of are slide divers with a very long lead.

The split shot rigs-were you using mono or braid , maybe on on boards???

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Chuck

chuck...check your PM

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I did not make it out quite that far (to about 360ft)....did see a couple of boats out further...until the fog rolled in! Nice job finding them with the mess the winds left us with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kayaker.... It was pretty cool out there. Steelies were swirling on the surface chasing bugs. Few years ago I fished the Niagara Pro AM with Hooked Up Bruce and Onocona Joe Kyle. Learned the surface program from those guys... Capt Kyle is tough to beat on those offshore breaks

You're right about the wind bro it's kicking up now and temps dropped ten degrees in a half hour up near the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That cottonwood cotton is a nightmare. We have three massive trees at the family cottage at conesus and the ground looks like snow in January from that stuff some years. Mind as well shutdown fishing as it follows up everything when it gets that bad.

Ahoy Captain! We saw your beautiful boat when we were heading back to the port yestetday on Chris Momsy's boat. It's way awesome to watch how your boat cruise effortlessly past these blow boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Anthony.... The Miss has been very good to us for the past 21 years. She's tamed some real narly waves and has been the demise of thousands of Salmonoids. Up keep on older vessels can hard, but to me it's therapy. Lol.... Good luck out there .....

Ahoy Captain! We saw your beautiful boat when we were heading back to the port yestetday on Chris Momsy's boat. It's way awesome to watch how your boat cruise effortlessly past these blow boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Who the heck is Chris Momsy? Lmao...... I think Anthony might be drinking tequila again......