Planer boards. Which one!?

Gator is right. The nice thing about the walleye boards is you can adjust the bottom weights on them according to whatever you are running in back of them.....very flexible. I have both TX44's and even two sets of the walleye version as they are small and convenient. Iused to use the big boards but these inlines are much more convenient and store much easier

Edited by Sk8man

John they are talking about inline boards. The kind you reel into the boat, remove the board and continue to fight the fish. From your pic, you use the same type I use that require a mast.

Alex take a look at what the Bloodrun tech guys said on their website about the TX22's and they are not adjustable like the walleye boards and don't run as well with some of the things folks may prefer to run with boards. I thought at first the TX 44's were "the nuts" for everything until I ran the walleye boards but now only use them (TX44's) for real heavy stuff. I can run my 275 coppers and 10 color from the walleye boards.

I bought one walleye board tonite and made some 2 and 3 ounce snap weights tonight to run tomorrow. Can't wait to give them a try. I want to thank all the members on here that showed how to make snap weights. I used alligator clips , shrink tube, and some bottom bouncers I had kicking around.

I run both the walleye boards and the tx-22's. The info on the Blood run tackle website is really good and spot on. The walleye boards are really flexible as to their use, while the tx-22's excel in other uses. For instance, like everyone else has said, you can adjust the weight on the walleye boards according to what kind of weight or line is behind them. Whereas the tx-22's excel in really slow applications such as spring walleye due to the fact that they float upright and are very light acting on the line. For example, just the other day I was running long leads(260-200) with 30lb mono trolling deep choppy water for walleye. The walleye boards with the weight forward ran perfectly, while the tx-22's were having trouble getting out to the side of the boat.

Why not get the TX44's?  This way you can later use them for copper as well. It's a much more versatile board than the walley board. You can run dipseys off the TX44's as well, if you want.

You are limiting yourself with the walley board.

An alternative to Dipseys would be running the Jet Style Divers - I run Jets off the Walleye Boards and they work flawlessly  - Just make sure you run a stretch of heavy mono where you plan on clipping the board...

I find the walleye boards very versatile - you can run flat lines - to 10 Colors -  to Jets.... The 44's can be too bulky for a lot of things, but that's all personal preference

Edited by FLXTrolling