That Damb Big One

Exactly!! LOL. No one was bashing stream Fisherman. The guys that line up in one inch of water and stand over a trout are not catching that fish legally. Now could I hook that fish in the mouth sure I could. If you have enough water where you can do it right go ahead have fun that's what it's all about. I grew up on the creek and have thousands of hours of stream fishing under my belt. I've seen guys clean out holes of over 60 fish and not one was caught legally or released. But the guy on the lake dragging lines is doing more damage, give me a break. I had a one BOW limit per guy on my boat years before it ever started. If anyone can't see that fish in two inches of water are more vulnerable than they are in 200ft your blind. Sean

X2... There's a huge difference between snaggers and Respectible Stream fisherman.. I agree with Sean a hundred percent you're not fishing when you're standing over a Crystal Clear Creek lifting a fish you can see.. When I'm not Tournament Fishing I release every fish I catch when I'm on my boat unless there's a friend with me who wants a couple.. The 1 rainbow limit has been the best thing the DEC has done in years on certain Finger lakes and tribs.. We all need to get together and work together to protect our lakes and streams so that our children's children will have a chance at what we have right now

Mike

Edited by Iron Duke

Exactly!! LOL. No one was bashing stream Fisherman. The guys that line up in one inch of water and stand over a trout are not catching that fish legally. Now could I hook that fish in the mouth sure I could. If you have enough water where you can do it right go ahead have fun that's what it's all about. I grew up on the creek and have thousands of hours of stream fishing under my belt. I've seen guys clean out holes of over 60 fish and not one was caught legally or released. But the guy on the lake dragging lines is doing more damage, give me a break. I had a one BOW limit per guy on my boat years before it ever started. If anyone can't see that fish in two inches of water are more vulnerable than they are in 200ft your blind. Sean

??

90% of the stream fisherman on Catherine creek don't get a bite. They just take up room. In the past few days, just like every other year, I have seen it all on that creek. Entertainment at its finest. But it does sell licenses. And bottom line without license sales we wouldn't have the fushing we have today.

Why do you guys bash the Trib anglers so much? I live eat breathe and sleep catching fresh chrome. Myself, both my bros and brother in law landed at least 50 rainbows yesterday on a Trib out of cayuga lake. We all are pin heads that understand the name of the game. We don't keep any fish at all. 100% catch and release. All were let go to finish what they started. Many were already spawned out. So I ask myself why give us such a hard time? Yes there are a lot of people who snag and rope fish but there are many more that don't and protect them from the scumbagd who think it's cool too. I'm one who doesn't believe in calling the Dec for the scumbag who try to keep illegal fish. We have called them before and they have never showed up. We handle it ourselves. What I don't understand is when trollers catch a big bow out of the lake and kill it for some stupid tournament nobody frowns on that but God forbid a Trib person fish or even land one and let it go in a stream without having to hear the BS. What I'm saying is that not all of us Trib anglers are murders but if there's a few hundred dollars involved trollers will gladly bash a big bow in the head and throw it in a cooler? I guess that's ok? Your wrong. It is exactly the same. Your still taking a breeder fish out of the system for years to come. Not trying to start a war just speaking the facts. Oh yeah one more thing after we were done fishing last nite my fiance gave birth to our son at 11:58pm. So not only did I CATCH AND RELEASE a bunch of bows but I landed the best thing ever on opening day. Now I have a future pin head who will walk the streams and practice catch and release just like his father.

A rainbow caught in an open lake is not the same as one caught in 2" of water by snagging it. I too am a diehard steelhead guy, who also practices CNR. It's not the educated fisherman or ALL tribe guys, just the snaggers and redd stompers. Just my 2 cents. Congrats on the little guy, my daughter is 3 this summer and it seems like it was yesterday we brought her home!

The lack of children fishing is everywhere. I have a launch right in front of my rv and all season I watch boat after boat of men fishing...where are their children?? To many guys take the easy way out and let their kids sit in front of a tv, computer, or phone!

Steelydan and salmodan I hear what you guys are saying. I lived on Catherine for many years and seen the no bite issue. I live in Lansing now and still see the same issues it's just now I don't put up with the crap. I have noticed that more and more people are practicing CNR. There is only a handful of guys who are out of towners that insist on 20lb mono and a big hook. Watched one butthole Friday chase the same Damn fish for an hr and hook it 4 times before I said something. Needless to say he went elsewhere. He had already had 2 on a rope and was looking for his 3rd. I'm sure he got it. Poor fishy. Either way good luck folks. In out of the game for a few days

Your exactly right Justin. Alot of guys do take the easy way out not wanting to untangle a line every five minutes or having the patience to teach how to cast, etc.post-152890-14596975079753_thumb.jpg

My boys and nephew on their first steelhead trip and my second rowing. Not much to show for our efforts but we all had a great day. post-152890-14596976442292_thumb.jpg

Our big catch for the day!!!

Lots of us do take our children and grand children out fishing. But a boat out on a lake is not a great place to start. I take my grand kids to a park with a pond full of small sunfish and other critters. And more important ,a stand of wood and some play equipment. Much of the time ,going fishing with daddy is a bit daunting,but when other things can be done and there are no expectations beyond having a nice time with the kids and dad,the day is a lot more rewarding.