July 28, 2018 Sandy Creek Shootout

• 4 months later...

What are the options for docking for boats from other ports in order to fish the Shootout? With the marina being for sale and inoperable it doesn’t seem as if there are many option for those of us with bigger boats. 

6 minutes ago, Sea-IV said:

What are the options for docking for boats from other ports in order to fish the Shootout? With the marina being for sale and inoperable it doesn’t seem as if there are many option for those of us with bigger boats. 

A couple guys got into the Brockport Yacht club two years ago.

9 minutes ago, Sea-IV said:

That’s a bit tight for mine but I will check with them, and I am asking for a few others as well cause it came up in conversation. 

Chris Vogt was the one that got in there a couple years ago I believe.  Check with him.  If his boat fits, you should have no problem. 

We've been on vacation the past two summers during the Shootout, but I purposely delayed our departure this year until Tuesday just to be able to fish it! Which pretty much guarantees a major blow...I apologize in advance.

• Like 1

Brian,

I thought last year you could fish out of the Oak or Rochester due to the docking situation at Sandy and the high water.  As long as you weighed in at Sandy.  Are we going back to the old rules where you have to leave from Sandy?  Just curious.

Thanks,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will be in Irondequoit at Hermma’s between 340pm - 350pm today getting gas for the boat. Call me if you want to meet me there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United