Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Congrats longspurs cant wait for pics!

Picked up 65 acres to hunt yesterday, I’ve walked it once when I was younger (distant cousin owns it) all thick swampy stuff in the left of the picture and 10 or so acres of hardwoods where a bunch of fields and hedgerows come together over on the right. 195f4de917cbcb52296d202128de3031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

October 30pm

50 degrees
NW wind 5 mph
Mostly sunny

What a night! After 5:00 it was insane. 12-15 total deer. 6 different bucks. Had an amazing encounter with a 10pt that has been very photogenic. He chased a doe out of the corn to get things going. Chased her all over the field. Grunted to him and he seemed very intrigued but he continued to follow the doe. 10 minutes later he came back and came right to my tree. Had him at 10 yards but never got a shot. He was stuck behind a big willow and never stepped out. Awesome night watching all these deer interact.

IMG_20181030_172108722.jpegIMG_20181010_201915595.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry lots of work ! Well, I got in to the stand at 345. On the way in I bumped 2 does . At 445 1 of the does came back in . It was a fawn doe. She hung out for awhile then I look behind me and see a basket 8 . He goes in the swamp for 10 min then ends up coming by my stand at 20 yards chasing her. Then I hear more noise where the 8pt came from and all I saw was rack in the thicket. Now the doe is 10 yards away and the 8pt 25. They are both froze and watch the big 8 come in . I know this Buck is bigger than the basket so decide to take him . He stops 20 yards broad side . Perfect lung shot he went 40 yards and fell over as I thought. That basket rack went looking for that deer 4 times before walking off. I have had tons of chasing and grunting action the past 4 days . Good luck to all and those who punched already. He is a 11 pt with the junk points but a good Buck! Got some funky growth at the base kinda cool. Time to duck hunt !!!IMG_20181030_192348.jpegIMG_20181030_210307.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry lots of work ! Well, I got in to the stand at 345. On the way in I bumped 2 does . At 445 1 of the does came back in . It was a fawn doe. She hung out for awhile then I look behind me and see a basket 8 . He goes in the swamp for 10 min then ends up coming by my stand at 20 yards chasing her. Then I hear more noise where the 8pt came from and all I saw was rack in the thicket. Now the doe is 10 yards away and the 8pt 25. They are both froze and watch the big 8 come in . I know this Buck is bigger than the basket so decide to take him . He stops 20 yards broad side . Perfect lung shot he went 40 yards and fell over as I thought. That basket rack went looking for that deer 4 times before walking off. I have had tons of chasing and grunting action the past 4 days . Good luck to all and those who punched already. He is a 11 pt with the junk points but a good Buck! Got some funky growth at the base kinda cool. Time to duck hunt !!!IMG_20181030_192348.thumb.jpeg.2bcca210010804a91898a72dc7688522.jpegIMG_20181030_210307.thumb.jpeg.3c0f9ce25e690cf72cfbad3440254b50.jpeg

Awesome job! Congratulations Kev!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, longspurs said:

Sorry lots of work ! Well, I got in to the stand at 345. On the way in I bumped 2 does . At 445 1 of the does came back in . It was a fawn doe. She hung out for awhile then I look behind me and see a basket 8 . He goes in the swamp for 10 min then ends up coming by my stand at 20 yards chasing her. Then I hear more noise where the 8pt came from and all I saw was rack in the thicket. Now the doe is 10 yards away and the 8pt 25. They are both froze and watch the big 8 come in . I know this Buck is bigger than the basket so decide to take him . He stops 20 yards broad side . Perfect lung shot he went 40 yards and fell over as I thought. That basket rack went looking for that deer 4 times before walking off. I have had tons of chasing and grunting action the past 4 days . Good luck to all and those who punched already. He is a 11 pt with the junk points but a good Buck! Got some funky growth at the base kinda cool. Time to duck hunt !!!IMG_20181030_192348.jpegIMG_20181030_210307.jpeg

I don't think I've ever seen a brow tine that thick! Congrats. 

Edited by Outdoor Lover
Misspelled