Jump to content

All done with Rage broadheads


Recommended Posts

It's funny how this thread just lingers.

 

I'd guess that 95% of the time, those Rage broadheads work perfectly - otherwise, they wouldn't sell. It's the other 5% that concerns me. It seems like shots with a steeper entry angle are prone to mishap, particularly around the shoulder. It could be that this is all just an urban myth and that Rage are no worse than any other brand out there...maybe there are so many folks that use Rage, it's inevitable that there will be more horror stories. But I know I've had some Rage fails in the past, switched to Slick Trick, and haven't looked back. 

 

Maybe I've become a better hunter and choose better shots in my age...I mean wisdom. Regardless, IMHO the only difference between a bowhunter who hasn't experienced an issue with mechanical broadheads and one who has is time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
It's funny how this thread just lingers.  

I'd guess that 95% of the time, those Rage broadheads work perfectly - otherwise, they wouldn't sell. It's the other 5% that concerns me. It seems like shots with a steeper entry angle are prone to mishap, particularly around the shoulder. It could be that this is all just an urban myth and that Rage are no worse than any other brand out there...maybe there are so many folks that use Rage, it's inevitable that there will be more horror stories. But I know I've had some Rage fails in the past, switched to Slick Trick, and haven't looked back. 

 

Maybe I've become a better hunter and choose better shots in my age...I mean wisdom. Regardless, IMHO the only difference between a bowhunter who hasn't experienced an issue with mechanical broadheads and one who has is time. 

 

There’s a ton of fakes on every market, I’ve even spotted fakes on the shelf of a local archery shop. And last fall I had a muzzy trocar hb that the 2 blades did not open at all, even after going thru the doe and into the ground.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...