Wrap instead of paint?

tim

Why pay to wrap your boat unless you have something to advertise? What’s the benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My Islander can use a paint job I was debating which one either wrap or paint

you can buy the wrap on amazon . Assuming you don't want to get fancy you can do it yourself, there are videos out there. I camo wrapped a duck boat a couple of years ago - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it  but a second set of hands helps a lot especially on a bigger boat

The wrap on the duck boat has stood up well

• Like 1

you can buy the wrap on amazon . Assuming you don't want to get fancy you can do it yourself, there are videos out there. I camo wrapped a duck boat a couple of years ago - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it  but a second set of hands helps a lot especially on a bigger boat

The wrap on the duck boat has stood up well

Sounds good have to look into it

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:39 PM, tim said:

Has anybody tried vinyl wrap instead of painting a boat and if so how does it last?

My buddy did it and it lasted 3 years without fading or any issues, before he sold the boat ... so it probably lasted much longer, but I can't tell you.

The benefits are ... easy to install, no waiting for paint to dry, AND it stays clean ... no more waxing!  That is a huge issue.  Was so easy to keep shining!

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a 2 foot stripe down the side on mine to cover up old grey gelcoat.  Looks awesome 4 years later with just a few dings.  Its not a DIY job through by any means.  Wrapping the entire thing above or below the rubrail is even further from DIY.

Wrapped my boat beginning of last season. Was a one off custom. I sketched out kind of what I wanted and they designed it, after a few tweaks back and forth with the shops designer it was done. Spent 2K. The shop also does my company vehicles so they were fair with me on the price I think.

IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6596.jpg

Edited by Rookie Fisherman
  • Like 4

Wrapped my boat beginning of last season. Was a one off custom. I sketched out kind of what I wanted and they designed it, after a few tweaks back and forth with the shops designer it was done. Spent 2K. The shop also does my company vehicles so they were fair with me on the price I think.
IMG_6876.thumb.JPG.9f7ed649148f8d145686291e8c249fb3.JPG
IMG_6596.thumb.jpg.ea7282774239841434cc9e9f7e9bc5f2.jpg

That’s bad azz!

I haven't wrapped a boat, however my brother did approx 5 years ago & it still looks fantastic.

He lives in Jacksonville, FL his boat is trailered, stored outdoors & used nearly every weekend.

He is very good about washing his boat off after use to remove salt.

I want to say he spent just under $1000 to local shop to have it done.

He used a solid blue colored wrap & I think they sealed the waterline with an extra clear tape.