Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Force of one

cannon or Bert's rod holders?

Going to upgrade to either cannon or Bert's rod holders and tracks next season, looking for  pros and cons for each.

Thanks

Cannon one handed down is the biggest difference I have the single access ones I run one cannon and one Bert's on each side and am happy with both though I do recommend taking the cap off adding glue of your preference and replacing if they were the same price cannons if not than budget dictates. Special note both ratchet up just by pulling no need to work the mechanism very useful with a king ripping I only say this because I did not know that untill I saw it happen in a you tube video

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Foo;

Traxstech makes a very nice system with plenty of options. Have their tracks (4 sections) & riggers, & ratcheting rod holders, tool caddies, net holders, & triple trees, which have all worked great since I got them four years ago.

Good luck with your project

John

cannon is the best way to go. just squeeze the holder with one hand to set it down. its really nice when you have a rod in your other hand. i almost switched to traxstech because it has 17 adjustments. but it takes both hands to set it down and the price is 50.00 more than the single axis cannons.

Any machined rod holder on the market will do the job. The one-handed operation of the Cannon Dual Axis is a nice feature. I have some on my boat that are 10 years old that have seen a lot of use. They still work great.

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 1

Anybody have experience with the single axis AND multiaxis Cannons and their suitability for divers setups i.e. is one better or sturdier than the other model?

Edited by Sk8man

i've used both the single and dual axis and i like the single axis best. they both are great for running divers. no more leaning out over the side of the boat to get your rod out of the holder. just grab the rod and lift and the holder ratchets up then just lift the rod out.

I have Berts and no complaints. Never used Cannons but know guys that do and no complaints there either. 

21 hours ago, sherman brown said:

i've used both the single and dual axis and i like the single axis best. they both are great for running divers. no more leaning out over the side of the boat to get your rod out of the holder. just grab the rod and lift and the holder ratchets up then just lift the rod out.

My traxstech diver rod holders operate in the same manner, just pull it up vertical & remove the rod.

John

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

My traxstech diver rod holders operate in the same manner, just pull it up vertical & remove the rod.

John

all the ratchet holders ratchet up the same. what makes the cannon better is the one handed lowering of the holder. on the traxstech you have to pull the pin with one hand while lowering the holder with the other. on the cannon you just squeeze and lower with one hand.

however i do like the 17 adjustments up and down on the traxstech holders.