Lets have some NLT derby pictures 2021

This was the weirdest 6 lb laker and had lamprey attached as did all the other fish including salmon. His back was totally black and note the extreme white near the gills and notice the white edges on the fins. Before anyone says anything about the way he was held he was wriggling all over as I was trying to release him when the shots were taken and my hand slid upward:smile:

laker6a.thumb.jpg.756b84b2636f15a6b9629ccd41df1ac4.jpglaker6.thumb.jpg.95a67d2df2a291a12d448edfee3afb65.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 5

Biggest brown for us on Sunday but not big enough for payout, put him back for next year. Caught off one of the points south of Dresden with a greasy chicken wing stinger and 3 oz snap weight on a board. No lamprey wounds, but most of the LL we landed did 

brown.jpg

• Like 2

The lake isn't dead. Guys complain about the one weekend they fish the lake each year. The derby. The lake has had its slow years but so did its sister lakes. The derby always gets unlucky and is during the transition period of the lake. Weeks before and a week after its a light switch.

The slams are plentiful!

nice slam there Nick! That ain't easy on the "on life support sea" [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

At Seneca lake state park there were folks on the wall taking pictures of all the boats. How my youngest crew member got these pictures from them I don't know.A great picture for me. She goes off to college after this summer and he turned 79 last weekend.Willie and I started in the fingerlakes . Then we  each had camps up at Hughes Marina on Ontario for 20 plus years now we are back to the fingerlakes.

2021-06-01 (5).png

2021-06-01 (4).png

IMG_20210529_121107714.jpg

• Like 4

I saw that. Thats wild. All I know is it sounds like those guys had a hell of a weekend and were on a good pod of fish. I assumed bait fishing with how many fish they had on the board. Almost a surprise to that they were trolling! They were definitely doing something right!

That family has an incredible derby history. Probably the most wins in the history of it. Pretty much always on the board. They have techniques for silvers that are truly amazing and ever changing to the lakes fishery. Great fish. Congrats to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frogger said:

That family has an incredible derby history. Probably the most wins in the history of it. Pretty much always on the board. They have techniques for silvers that are truly amazing and ever changing to the lakes fishery. Great fish. Congrats to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike summed it up real well. They are a fishing family that has figured out the missing pieces to the puzzle (repeatedly) Congrats Rich:yes:

Great pics Stan and thanks again for your honesty and diligence.

Edited by Sk8man

Nice going Kev and great pics. Holy smoke last time I saw your daughter she was a little biddy thing...time going too fast bud.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1