Predator 23/24

5 minutes ago, Mjnoff21 said:

What kind of light is on your scope or what would you recommend to someone trying to get into predator hunting ? 

The light in the scope is a “night eyes” predator light. You turn that light on when you are ready to take the shot. We scan with a red lens spotlight. I would be happy to answer any questions you have 

On 1/9/2024 at 10:20 AM, Roys Boys said:

Got this on the camera today looks more like a golden retriever then a coyote I thought.. 12am

IMG_2959.png

Agreed.  Looking like a domestic dog to me.  How far from civilization is that camera?

Turned the alarm off last night, a fox I’ve been giving a pass to kept setting it off. From midnight to three am a pair of yotes showed up and feasted. Guessing they will be back tonight. 

IMG_5672.jpeg

IMG_5673.jpeg

IMG_5674.jpeg

• Like 2

I use a led flashlight lol. Buddy of mine has a Benelli M1 with a pulsar thermal but I can’t drop $7500 on a gun. Most guys that do drop another grand or two on a thermal monocular.  

5 hours ago, orangediablo said:

What are your guys' success rates with Lights vs. IR vs. Thermal?

So I can shed alittle bit of light on using lights. I made it out 16 times last year and called in 32 foxes and 17 coyotes. I run a spot light with a red lens. The big thing is, is to never shut the light off. Keep that thing on from the time you leave your car to the time you get back to your car. It’s definitely cheaper than thermal, and you can still have enough action to have a good time. It’s also helpful to have as many spots as possible so you aren’t burning spots up. Once you call an animal, and either miss or get winded, it’s extremely hard to ever call that animal in……at least with a light. You can definitely have success running lights though.

However, everyone I know that puts up big big numbers runs thermal. My buddy got one this season, so we have been trying to dial that in this year. We haven’t had much luck yet, but had bad winds the couple times we tried. I think thermal also allows you chances at animals that are light shy or have previously been spooked. You are also going to want a thermal monocular for scanning……which is another 2K lol. It’s an investment, but if you are going to go out a lot to make it worth it……go for it!

I tried to upload my thermal recording but the site will not play the video. Does anyone know if there is a trick to uploading a video here? It is a .MOV file. 

Figured it out lol.

Edited by idn713

A little video from another fun night out with Fisherman21. He pulled a fox out of heavy cover for me and the .204 went to work. These bullets hit animals like little grenades. Fox made it 40 yards before piling up, but if you saw he was missing half his body, you wouldn't believe it.

Edited by idn713
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, idn713 said:

A little video from another fun night out with Fisherman21. He pulled a fox out of heavy cover for me and the .204 went to work. These bullets hit animals like little grenades. Fox made it 40 yards before piling up, but if you saw he was missing half his body, you wouldn't believe it.

What type of thermal is that? Gonna hunt some coyotes the next few days and see what happens