How BIG will the Fall LOC Winner be?????

What will win the Fall LOC???  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What will win the Fall LOC???

• 46#
    • 44#
    • 42#
    • 40#
    • 38#
    • 36#
    • 34#
    • 32#
    • 30#

You guys are dreaming. Lets get real here, 42 or 44 pounds? Sure a 40lber was caught mid July of this year, was it a 5 year old fish?, anything is possible. How many other 40lbers did you hear about so far? A safe bet would be 38+ pounds.

Just trying to keep it real

:beer: Cheers

I don't believe it was a 5 year old fish Greg, there have been way too many mid to upper 30 range fish for them all to be 5 year olds.

The perception of many anglers due to the fact the Kings taken already (the few of them) have been so large, is that there are certainly some hogs around

I guessed 39.99, but I wouldn't bet a penny against it

C'mon Greg don't be so pessimistic, not sure why you are having a hard time believing we truly do have exceptionally large kings all over the place right now, I mean Kings in the 32 to 37 lb range are being taken every day

Big Kings this year and a big LOC average is on its way, watch and see, you never thought we would see a 40 again and we did !!!! (:~~~ and that fish was followed up by a 39.9 (:

(:

Tom

Not pessimistic, but the statistics just haven’t been showing a fish over 40lbs. How many years will it be before we see another 40lber? I believe the best greatest affect would be very mild winters with very little baitfish die-off. Then, who knows.

Time will tell

Here are a few more numbers for ya Greg relating to the eastern basin (Oswego to be exact)

-Throughout the summer so far:

A very limited King take at best, but the same wide year class throughout, skippers, teenagers and adults ranging from 25 to 37, but mostly low to mid 30 lb. fish

-Several weeks ago up till before last week, again 34 lb. and 35 lb. Kings taken along with skippers and teenagers, very few but high quality

-Starting mid week last week:

Several charters taking only a single coincidental per trip, but weighing in at 30 to 36 lbs.

-Starting Saturday the 7th, Kings filtering in, in fair numbers for some, still no blood bath but a wide range of year class, skippers, teenagers and heavy adults from 28 to mid 30's.

-All in all very limited amounts of fishermen, I went out this past Monday evening out of Oswego, I believe after 3pm I could of been one of maybe 2 total boats out. Fishing was very good, wide range of classes and took 4 adults to 27 lbs.

-No doubt numbers of Kings are down, way down, but numbers of fishermen down even more, why? Fishing has sucked here !!! But what happens when the LOC starts and we start seeing an honest amount of anglers around? For the quality of fish that have been taken in comparison to the least amount of pressure I may have ever seen. I predict the bottom of the LOC 20th place to be in the 34 to 36 lb. range !!! and the top???????? 40 should be an easy number, unless one thing happens, and I quote Dan Bishop "Mother Nature bats last" if weather and conditions screw us we may not be able to have at it.

It's going to be a good year Greg, get down here and enjoy it with me, and prey for stable conditions.

Tom

I believe it will be a 40lber and some change by a LOU member somewhere.. I prolly wont be me as I am deep into renovating my kitchen... Unless I get a free pass from the wife for a day of fishing..... Dale

I'm going to say 42lbs 9 ounces, caught by an LOU Member, in Mexico Bay, weighed in at Woody's or Lighthouse Marina. Yes, may be a bit high on the weight, but we're already seeing 38lb'ers and the Derby doesn't end until Labor Day. Still lots of time for bigger ones to show up. Keeping my fingers crossed that Mother Nature cooperates with us and allows us all to experience some monster kings!