Indiana woods safe again !!

ray koziatek

Just got back did pass on many nice bucks 1st at a whoppin 6 yds then the 2nd comes in to 9 yds love that doe pee.. Ive got some good video maybe i can have my bro in law clean and condense it for a post..

well as always this land was loaded specially thisyear with 99.999% of the crops gone. saw many 2.5 120 130 class including this one in the first hour.

Also saw 1 big boy 180 yds south of me running a doe back into "his woods" after rounding her up i knew he was in love for the day...so im starting to comprise in my mind what will i do this year.With normal people getting down at 11,12for a break ,I (not normal) sat all day well till 3ish........

The switch flipped at 10 am and all the deer took their siesta....well the 40% chance of rain worked against me and the 20 mph winds made my tiny treestand ,less comfy then sitting at home. bout 230 or so a small 4 pt showed up in the rain and lifted my hopes of movement. He bumped a doe and the circle started till the doe froze and the 4 pt walked away like musky from a salad...

I picked up a antler at 130 yds but the scope was too wet and my thoughts of water intrusion of my muzzy powder might be a flashback of 2 years ago.

The only dry thing on me was the inside of my glove cuff so i sheilded the scope and used my last dry spot.

The rack looked small with long beams and then he froze at 120 yds ,ive seen statues move more than he did for 45 min,(in more rain) he still looked real wimpy so i just waited as he did.............they he turns my way and my trigger finger got twitchy,then he lays down and dissapears

I kept scaning with nutin in site when i picked horn movement where he bedded down 20 min after loosing him.

his head (tips of antlers) keept scanning then froze my way im shure he saw a big blob swaying in the wind. I lifted the gun from under the protection of my gut er i mean coat as he stands to get a clear view of me the front view of his horns ,foggy rain slattered scope his head was turned and i had a broadside perfect 120 yd (ranged it later) with no rest .......................... so with 1/2 lung of stored air i hold and squeeze.....he took off on a dead run my way till i lost site of him 60 yds away behind some trees still not 100% shure of a offhand shot ............the doe he wa with continued out into site and at the same time i saw the top of some brush rattle that took a hit at full run from MY deer..

After sliding down the wet oak branches i reloaded at went to the bush .........YEA its always good to see the hornes sticking 2 ft outa the brush........so after the 364 day wait it was over, a bitter sweet situation with good results ..

My friends son took a 205 lb dressed 135 in 10 point 2 hrs later 200 yds away......And my friend passed on everything as he was looking for the 2 - 170 class bucks that live "On The Farm" .......Mine will score 145 to 150 even with short tines the 26 and 27 in main beams with 21 in inside spread adds points fast...it was a main 10 pt with 2 extra 1.5 in hornes growing straight forward from his basses to me its a 12 pt and thats my story..............ive got to load some pic so ill post below

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

these are the replecas of the new world record buck in captivity, this is the first replacas made so far they will be availble soon for 3,000.00 each,the friend of the owner of the farm invited us to hold these bout 30 lbs little over 500 scorable points..ive got more pics if ya really like BIG RACKS

thanks vince,hey please dont think im complaining but for the last 3 years weve had our visions of getting one of the 2 monsters on the property.

! has about a 30 in spread and should exceed 170,the other ive watched for 5 years (whitie) pure white rack from year 1(4 pt) ,2 years ago i missfire in the rain and trim his brisket fur..

the landowners son saw him in bow season (both of them) still pure white thick ,massive palmation,with all sorta junk growing from his main beams, last year i saw whitie from afar with baseball bat sized bases,,almost worth the 10 drive to look for sheads.........hr

Nice buck Ray! I was driving up and down I 65 thinking of you out there, so I hit the Jake brake a few times and the horn too just tryin to get a big buck to run your way!...great story too!...congratulations!

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Indiana is SWEET Ray! :D Hunted out there Halloween week with tons of one & Two year olds running. Trail cams were showing the big boys doing most of the work under the cover of darkness! Certainly some awesome trophy potential out there!! Got to love the mid-west!