Seneca Seneca 7-17-2014

Just couldn't get going too fast this am but finally hit the launch with Hoot and Kinger-boy pushing 10ish ...... motored over to west-side below Serverne set up and went south. Ended up just below Glenora weeds were the worst down there but we were in and out of them most of the trip...... started out with wire rod , flea-flicker on one rigger and 15# spoon rod on other ....fleas were more on the wire rod so pulled 15# spoon rod and put another fleafilcker rod down...... picked up one laker on wire rod 240' wire out UV BTI sliver fly ( deep six diver )........ picked up a good bow 47' down on X4 rigger and one small landlock lost two with a release and no one home also FLT alpha-alwife spoon ...... picked up 2 more small landlocks on other rigger on a SS DW alwife glow spoon...... got rained on two times but stayed fairly dry with top up..... speed at ball 2.7 to 2.9 ....... fished mainly from 90' to 120' FOW..... only trolled north on short time after we came back above Glenora to get away from weeds ...... then it got dark again wind changed some so I pulled every thing and came back in rain some on the way back then we got above it...... 

002_zps54563198.jpg

Edited by ERABBIT

Nice !!  Have to laugh  though, I do the same thing launch on the east and fish the west.   Other guys I know launch on the west and fish the east side of Cayuga. :lol:

Thanks guys it is a sweet ride......

Way to go Ed! Nice report  Going to try the north end tomorrow afternoon.

Ron from camp was up Samson way yesterday said the weeds were real bad both sides and flea were out of control.... the wind today went 180* from when we started to when we stopped..... so  who knows how bad it will be...... still lots of bigger lakers up that way....  not sure which way I'll head out in the am if my arm is still OK after today......   may just run and gun  looking for browns , run two riggers and work the contours in tighter to shore......

Nice work Ed :yes:  Those weeds are a real pain.....as are the fleas guess it takes a bit of determination and perseverance these days. Signalman and I are heading out in the AM here on Canandaigua to see if we can locate the bows.....not sure what we will find regarding the weeds and fleas....

Thanks guys it is a sweet ride......

Ron from camp was up Samson way yesterday said the weeds were real bad both sides and flea were out of control.... the wind today went 180* from when we started to when we stopped..... so  who knows how bad it will be...... still lots of bigger lakers up that way....  not sure which way I'll head out in the am if my arm is still OK after today......   may just run and gun  looking for browns , run two riggers and work the contours in tighter to shore......

Heading to Geneva after work. With my boat I have to pick and choose and tomorrow looks like the best of the weekend as far as the wind. Last Friday I did well up there on everything as long as it was orange! Saturday, I got blown off. No weeds, but plenty of fleas. I'll let ya know how it goes. Good luck!

Seneca 7/18/2014

Same deal as yesterday only we hit the water at 8 am , went across to west side above Showboat and fished north…… landed a small rainbow before I got the 2nd rigger in water then that rigger went dead till the end……….. boxed a landlock and laker put back two small landlocks and a 18†laker….both lakers were clipped…… FLT chickenfeed , alpa-UV-glow alwife , and a SS DW greasy chicken wing gold back took Seneca 7-18-2014

fish with the FLT chickenfeed to top producer….. still a slow day not much bait stopped a tad past Dresedenbay…..

7c69fe7d-230f-4527-b728-77ff67360a19_zps

001_zps003e10f5.jpg

Thanks guys......

weeds were super bad but not thick , I only dropped a rigger with a spoon on it down two times without having to pull spoon back in to get a small piece of weed off.......flea-flicker did it's jog great today no issues like yesterday the wire rod would come in with quite a few fleas but I was running a roller rod so I just cut right thru them..... 

thanks for the boat pic i'm on my faimly vacation and had to be up real early with the little one.  pretty hungover to so the pic was nice to see.  looking forward to some black lake bass

I'll get some more from time time and post them up , good luck up there. We did real well years ago on some big pike using large bass spinerbaits and buzz baits but the spinerbait was the best. Plus it worked for bass also !!!   :lol:

Andy you should come over and show me what I'm doing wrong on the brown trout this year !!!!

I'm pretty sure I couldn't show you a darn thing about fishing all that mid lake east side structure Ed! Last time I hit that area I 'contributed' at least one ball and a couple spoons to the Seneca God's.