Cayuga over load

Hi Dennis -

Yes, let me give this some thought.  I think that is worth consideration as the finger lakes section on LOU has become increasingly popular over the years - far beyond anything I imagined.  I wouldn't make Pro-member-only but I think that making it at least a site member is a reasonable request like we do for the main Lake O fishing reports section. 

Thanks again -

Chad

I wanted to go pro but it tells me the website is unsafe I know it is just wondering if I could send a money order or something

Hi Dennis -

Yes, let me give this some thought. I think that is worth consideration as the finger lakes section on LOU has become increasingly popular over the years - far beyond anything I imagined. I wouldn't make Pro-member-only but I think that making it at least a site member is a reasonable request like we do for the main Lake O fishing reports section.

Thanks again -

Chad

Couldn't agree more Chad ... Keep up the great work.. This is a great site and you do an amazing job !!

Thanks again

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

And all this time I thought the Pro status was for professionals in the charter business.

I'm glad to upgrade my status to Pro in order to financially support this excellent website.

I encourage all of you who regularly log on to consider doing the same.

$20/yr is a small price to pay to get access to all the data and chatter this site has to offer.

Chas

Very small price for keeping this site going, you spend more on hooks every year! Best $20 i spend each year lots of positive guys on here, very few negative comments and the more fishing info we share the more enjoyment we get when we can get out.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's unbelievable, I thought the same thing. I thought the pro status was for charter boat captains only. This is a great website and I would definitely be willing to spend $20 a year to keep it going. It's a great website for new people like myself and for the most part everyone on here is very helpful and friendly. Keep up the good work.

Very small price for keeping this site going, you spend more on hooks every year! Best $20 i spend each year lots of positive guys on here, very few negative comments and the more fishing info we share the more enjoyment we get when we can get out.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2

I wasn't going to post on this thread but I was also under the impression that pro status was for professionals or at least semi pros. I will happily pay 20$ a year to support the site.

This site has always been a great resource for me going on 5 years now. From the question of what fish finder to buy, to how to set it up, to what trolling motor to get, to how to start trolling, to what depth to start looking for the fish, this site is great.

It's likely I'd still be "fishing" from a jet boat with an ugly stick (unsuccessfully) if not for the site and its many helpful people who have always been (and continue to be) more than willing to teach me how to better fish Cayuga.

Thank you for all you do Chad.

-Pete

Sharing information so a fellow human can have the enjoyment to catch a fish and enjoy one of the greatest thrills we have left in this world is a noble thing to do. To sacrifice some of your thrill is hard. I rarely reel in the Fish hooked on my boat, to watch the person sharing the experience with me is worth its weight in salmon fillets. I would like thank all who have sacrificed some information so that someone else could experience what they have already. TIGHT LINES TO ALL!!

Just to echo what others have said, Chad does an awesome job and out of all the other Fishing ad Hunting sites out there I have to say LOU and its users are some of the best around. I am pretty new to Lake Ontario and very new to the finger lakes. This site has helped trim my learning curve on these new waters 10 fold. I fished Seneca for the first time ever during the National Derby.  Myself and a couple of members from our Trout Club in NJ pulled our boats up the night before and launched blindly from Sampson the morning of the tourney. With the help and advice from several members on LOU thru private messaging we got on the bite quickly. We had fish on the board each day till some of the local sharpies knocked us off. My buddies kid held out to take 2nd in the laker division. We caught a to of fish  Browns, Bows, lakers and a 26" Atlantic. None of this would of been possible without the help from guys like Iron Duke, SK8 ,Great Lakes Lure etc. It is what this stuff is all about! Here in NJ where our trout club is, we only have one lake to troll for lakers hefty bows and browns. We try to promote this fishery the best we can and we try to constantly bring new people to the lake and it is a hell of a lot smaller then Cayuga or Seneca. When I started as a total newbie into Ontario I was amazed at how helpful people on this site were. Thru that help I have made some life long friends and fishing buddies. It is a fish,that's it just a fish. I like to worry about stuff like childhood cancer, drug addictions, and poverty not OMG there are too many boats enjoying MY LAKE. Just my 2 cents. carry on 

I am so pleased to hear that so many others feel as I do. I for one would not be out there supporting our local shops and visiting the lakes if not for this site. I am very busy with work and kids, so when I have the chance to get out I do not want it to be a waste of my tome and money. People like Iron Duke have made my quality of life, so much better for my family. We can enjoy the lakes together thanks to Mike. I for one do not post that much, I don't have a profile picture, and I am a huge "lurker". I live vicariously through all of the regulars and feel like I have known them all my life. I don't know what I would have done without the help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am so pleased to hear that so many others feel as I do. I for one would not be out there supporting our local shops and visiting the lakes if not for this site. I am very busy with work and kids, so when I have the chance to get out I do not want it to be a waste of my tome and money. People like Iron Duke have made my quality of life, so much better for my family. We can enjoy the lakes together thanks to Mike. I for one do not post that much, I don't have a profile picture, and I am a huge "lurker". I live vicariously through all of the regulars and feel like I have known them all my life. I don't know what I would have done without the help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks I really appreciate that and it's great being able to help out, that's what this site was designed to do.. We are all part of a fishing family and if we work together and enjoy success together the possibilities are endless. ..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike said it right. The sharing of good information will help make the sport that we all enjoy a better and more enjoyable one for all. One of the really neat things I think is that a lot of the charter guys generously provide a wealth of useful information to the people here and hopefully they derive benefit from the forum as well. I know I always try to steer prospective interested parties toward the guys I feel confident know their stuff and I hope others here do as well. This forum is a rather unique one.

If not pro only, at least make it so you have to have 100 posts before being able to view the reports section. 

Couldn't agree more. People should contribute to get a little info.