A-Hole with fireworks

So this is what happens when some ************ thinks launching fireworks in a marina full off gas tanks and canvas is a smart idea. The boat next to me is still at the bottom and the one next to that has already been pulled up. Mine just looks like a marshmallow at a camp out. Just did bellows. gimball bearing and brand new lower gear case, which isn't even broken in yet. Done for season and maybe for good. WTF! 

IMG_20180705_112611868_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180705_112628309.jpg

IMG_20180705_112643143.jpg

IMG_20180705_112758194.jpg

• Sad 1

ROCHESTER, N.Y. — A fire overnight destroyed two boats and damaged a third boat docked at a marina on Irondequoit Bay.

It was an unfortunate end to the July 4th holiday for some boat owners who keep their vessels docked at Sutter's Marina on the Irondequoit side of the bay.

The fire happened on the south dock of the marina. Laurelton Fire Chief says when crews arrived, two boats were on fire. One of the three boats damaged by the fire sunk, and was pulled from the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Looking at the pictures, I think I'm lucky I left my back canvas curtains out due to the hot weather lately. They probably would have caught and torched the rest of the boat. Sick to my stomach right now either way.

Sorry Jack that sucks, I heard how much money you have put into the boat this season. I hope they catch whomever it was and they have some damn good insurance. 

There MUST be witnesses 4th of July on the water. I hope they catch these jerks and I hope you and the other boat owners can get a huge judgement. I’ve got a spare 8 ft vhf antenna if you need it it’s yours. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Terrible jlogger we feel for ya man...I agree with Brian that folks should leave it to the pros when it comes to the fireworks...never should have been legalized. Even way back when I know one guy that lost his eye to them and another who lost 2 fingers and they were't even the powerful more complex ones sold today.

Sorry to hear!  Best wishes on getting boat fixed quickly.   Some people have no brains!  Hope they are caught.

Are you sure it was fireworks and not someone cooking on a grill on or next to the boats and a fire started in the grill and it got away from them? If so the one with the most damage was probably closest and may hold a clue as to the location where it started or identity perpetrator (s)?

Edited by Sk8man

Very sorry to hear it was your boat. I heard about it early Thurs AM and was hoping there was no serious damage to anyone's boat. Hopefully insurance will get you back on the fish soon. 

1 minute ago, Sk8man said:

Are you sure it was fireworks and not someone cooking on a grill on or next to the boats and a fire started in the grill and it got away from them? If so the one with the most damage was probably closest and may hold a clue as to the location or identity perpetrator (s)?

Definitely fireworks from shore is what I was told. Bad element down there at night

Sorry to see what they did. I would think the Marina's insurance carrier would cover it. To me its the same as leaving your car at a repair shop and finding it burned out the next day. The shop must cover it, even though they had nothing to do with the damage.

Are you sure it was fireworks and not someone cooking on a grill on or next to the boats and a fire started in the grill and it got away from them? If so the one with the most damage was probably closest and may hold a clue as to the location where it started or identity perpetrator (s)?
Seen the story on Rochester news tonight. they mentioned something about the first boat that caught fire has had some electrical issues but the owner of the marina is suspecting fireworks and it is going through security video tape

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

36 minutes ago, Bozeman Bob said:

Sorry to see what they did. I would think the Marina's insurance carrier would cover it. To me its the same as leaving your car at a repair shop and finding it burned out the next day. The shop must cover it, even though they had nothing to do with the damage.

I doubt it.  Look at your contract with the marina, they most likely express no liability right in the contract.