Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Sat till 11 today and had to leave even though I really didn't want to. Had to kick two deer out to get down. Saw 20 deer total, 9 or 10 mature doe and the rest yearlings. The buck I'm chasing has passed by my stands 3 different times and 3 different stands on camera. He has me chasing him back and forth like crazy. Pulled into my kids school to pick him up at 3 o'clock and there was a 3 year old 9 point tending a doe right next to the road with no cares in the world.
20181120_145909.thumb.jpeg.e39b8f5b17712056726ae67a8fb95adc.jpeg

I know that spot!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a proud father moment tonight. Last year we built a new house in a 9 acre field. We mow about 1 acre and the rest my father-in-law plants corn. Tonight we had a handful of doe behind the house near the edge of the woods. My son (4 years old) grabbed a set of sheds in his room, opened his window and started rattling. A few minutes later he runs downstairs and insists that he called a buck in for me to shoot. I followed him upstairs and sure enough, a spike was running right across the field towards the house! I think I've already got a hunting buddy for life now, and I cant wait for him to be old enough to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

With the last cold front and heavy snowfall, I think a lot of our properties have changed within that short weeks time. Do you guys think these deer have changed patterns again potentially into their winter patterns already leaving existing properties for a new? Or are we expecting the deer to return to the properties that seemingly have gone dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With the last cold front and heavy snowfall, I think a lot of our properties have changed within that short weeks time. Do you guys think these deer have changed patterns again potentially into their winter patterns already leaving existing properties for a new? Or are we expecting the deer to return to the properties that seemingly have gone dry?

I tagged out this year and had a trespassing issue on the gun opener so I decided to take a walk around my property this morning looking for human tracks. I saw a ton of deer yarded up on the fringes of my thick pine sanctuary....I think they are heading into thick cover with the snowfall and lack of hunting pressure

• Like 1

November 20 pm

35 degrees

NW wind 5-15 mph

cloudy

flurries

The woods is too quiet. Had a couple deer moving in the thick stuff about 4pm but never came out. I still have standing corn on two of the properties I hunt and I really think it is affecting things. The deer know it is there and even with snow on the ground, food is not scarce.

10 hours ago, Tboo said:

With all the snow some areas have, the number one priority for deer is food. Im sure this has set them in a survival mode prematurally but the deer aren't ready to leave yet. Between the weather, lockdown, and gun season pressure it will certainly make for a challenge the next couple of weeks. Or at least until the snow melts! Short term looks like we have a major cold front coming overnight tonight but a warming trend through the weekend. Long term projections just dont show major relief. Looks like a majority of the remaining hunting days left will be below average temps. 

Cold and windy!!!!!! Was planning on a all day sit, but not I can last! Good thing is deer are on their feet! 10 or so sightings so far.
U deffinitely have a lot of deer around your area!! That big boy has got to make a mistake eventually!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've made my decision and going to sit all day. Deer just keep piling in . Haven't gone 5 mins without seeing a deer. With this cold front I'm desperately convincing my self that he has to show at some point today whether it's for food or love.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

I've made my decision and going to sit all day. Deer just keep piling in . Haven't gone 5 mins without seeing a deer. With this cold front I'm desperately convincing my self that he has to show at some point today whether it's for food or love.

I’m working till 3 then going to bust out behind my house for the last hr see if I can walk up on one with the muzzleloader hope you get him Matt 

Just sacrificed my hands for my feet! Toes hurt to much so I took my boots off and stuffed my hot hands in them! Feels much better already! Currently have 5 doe feeding at 40 yards and the first buck of the day finally working his way towards the doe. Only problem is it's a first rack.