Trollers at Genny Pier heads, be considerate to pier casters

For those of you who are trolling out in from of the Rochester piers, please be considerate of the pier casters. The fish are stacked out in front, and their is no reason to troll within 50 yards Pier. You guys have PLENTY of water to troll out in front. I will says, charter captains are very considerate out off the end. Most stay about 150 yards out, and know that you don’t have to be right on the pier to catch Fish. The guys casting spend hrs casting for a few hits, and it really sucks to be cut off on a fish by a troller that wants to troll less than 50 yards from pier. No need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Couple Fonzies( leather jacket wearing kings) this AM... Went out a little deeper and the warm water screwed up everything... All good.... MissD getting pulled soon.. Fellas , good luck the rest of the season and be well.

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you sir hope you had a good season and most likely will see ya out there!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

Saw a aluminum rig break off a guy on the end of Charlotte pier this AM... Feel bad for the pier guy

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was the guy in the boat. Fisherman if that was you that got broken off (or whoever it was) I am truly sorry. We were trolling down along the pier to avoid the nonsense that was going on directly off the pier heads boat traffic wise. As soon as you guys yelled you were hooked up I turned out as soon as I could. I had no idea your fish had run that far out. Again I am sorry for causing you the trouble. Let me know what you lost in gear and I will replace it for you. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I was the guy in the boat. Fisherman if that was you that got broken off (or whoever it was) I am truly sorry. We were trolling down along the pier to avoid the nonsense that was going on directly off the pier heads boat traffic wise. As soon as you guys yelled you were hooked up I turned out as soon as I could. I had no idea your fish had run that far out. Again I am sorry for causing you the trouble. Let me know what you lost in gear and I will replace it for you. 

No problem at all man, I was upset at the moment, but in the end, it’s just a Fish. Thanks for the apology, and no worries on replacing the lure. I got it on one of the Spinners I make. Good luck the rest of the season. Fish on!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 6

On 9/23/2018 at 7:17 PM, snox49x said:

Good to see this. You don't see this kindness back home on Lake George or Schroon.