Fishing Charter Marco Island FL

C3M

Hi All,

My good friend is getting married this July and I want to purchase a charter for him and the misses while they vacation to FL.

Does anyone have an suggestions or a contact in/or around Marco Island in FL?

Appreciate it,

-Chris

Did one a few years ago and had a bad experience.. went out on a big boat went 5 miles off shore and got a small shark.. waste of money, if I were to do it again I would back water fish on a smaller boat for sea trout and snook.. tarpon fishing is good around that area

Tradman - appreciate you talking with your friend

Roys Boys - Ill keep that backwater trip in mind. The $$ is significantly different between the two trips so very helpful

Capt. Stacey Mullendore...was fishing out of Goodland just a few miles south of Marco.  Many of the non-tourist charters used to work out of Goodland.  He's been chartering the backcountry there since 90.

Here's a couple other options:

Wes Bedell out of Naples (few miles north of Marco)

Todd Geroy out of Naples - fishing there since mid 80's and son is a guide also (Ben)

Snook, reds, permit, tripletail, snappers, and some tarpon around.  I haven't fished with Bedell but he comes highly recommended.  If I remember who I used last spring I will add the name.  These guys get booked up so earlier the better.

Edited by relaxer

2x’s on a backcountry mangrove trip. I did one with a friend in a kayak and light spin tackle. A blast. Just make sure you have someone show you how to get back into the boat if you roll it 😂

The area got hit hard with red tide this past fall. Inshore fishing has been tough on the best days this spring. Offshore grouper/ snapper fishing was not overly affected.fishing for migratory species was also very lightly affected.

snook redfish and trout have been hit hard. Florida sportsman forums southwest section has some good discussion of this topic.

Tight lines

Andiamo Outdoors

The big Marco pass with an outgoing tide , look for the diving sea gulls . If you find them  action is non stop . 

Saw a bunch of tarpon once also . Did not hook up there on one but lost one  

Somewhere else.  

Ditto on the back water . Like fishing bass   7 ft med action spin , 15 # braid 20 # flouro  1/4 to 1/ 2 jigs with shrimp..

Fun !