Coneses Pike and Tigers?

Haven't created a post in some time. Had to take last year off due to ARMY - service related injuries. Conesus has been my home lake for ...... Heard from a few the pike and tigers were very slow last season. Wondering if any forum members spent much time on Consensus last year. If so how was the pike and tiger fishing for fish of ~ 30" or more. Caught a few jumbos on Conesus in the last 10 years (38 to 43)", hope there still in there. Thks ahead for any responses.

I don't fish there in the summer but last fall was decent. I found that downsizing my bait worked best last year.i was there smallie fishing yesterday and talked to 3 different guys on bass boats that said the only bites they were getting was pike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawn393 said:

I don't fish there in the summer but last fall was decent. I found that downsizing my bait worked best last year.i was there smallie fishing yesterday and talked to 3 different guys on bass boats that said the only bites they were getting was pike

Many of our better fish came in late September until the state removes the docks (~ mid October). I wish they'd leave them in until end of October. 

Edited by NPike
  • Like 1

I agree. Using that launch in late fall is treacherous to say the least

It’s easy enough with a helper. Alone is another story especially if the wind kicks up. I’ve done it a few times. You might have to get wet getting it out. Best fishing of the year makes it worth it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

I do it all the time. Once you get into November and the water gets really low it sucks. It seems like it is always windy that time of year 

38 minutes ago, old man said:

It’s easy enough with a helper. Alone is another story especially if the wind kicks up. I’ve done it a few times. You might have to get wet getting it out. Best fishing of the year makes it worth it though.

17 hours ago, old man said:

To this old man when there removed I'm done. Had the wind push my boat sideways once took forever to pull it back enough to get past the trailer bunks, agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 2:43 PM, NPike said:

To this old man when there removed I'm done. Had the wind push my boat sideways once took forever to pull it back enough to get past the trailer bunks, agreed.

That happened to me last time I was there too. I was beyond irritated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

its still a solid fishery for sure. i never seem to get tigers, but pike are not an issue. usually able to get at least one over 30" per day targeting them. Read a DEC electrofishing report that came out in 2016 i believe that said there were "multiple 30# northerns caught in conesus." since i read that I've upsized my tackle and sometimes throw musky baits. Nothing over 15lbs yet for me though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, Bosun Cowboy said:

IMG_6792.JPGIMG_6797.JPG42” Tiger and 34” pike this morning

Wow! Nice fish! Any tips you'd be willing to share for the tigers? I catch them occasionally when targeting pike, but I dont really have a system down for them. Are they just bycatch for you too?

Wow! Nice fish! Any tips you'd be willing to share for the tigers? I catch them occasionally when targeting pike, but I dont really have a system down for them. Are they just bycatch for you too?

We strictly target Pike and Tigers on Conesus and both will readily take the same couple baits.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zach said:

Nice relaxing quick trip, couple doubles didn't hurt either . 2020-07-20-23-22-14-598.thumb.jpeg.28ab84d2d3078d973336b1b1b881d5a5.jpegreceived_302496684275247.thumb.jpeg.6a14a0c2c9abc80db9c7fb9447d1c464.jpegreceived_1386735218185240.thumb.jpeg.84e33e6de55066eeeadf81a6d3e9b842.jpeg20200720_192927.thumb.jpeg.285f900bb1b18f7c7be753790e95e7a0.jpeg20200720_172735.thumb.jpeg.d0f53482b6a7d04127b5a629f8180e49.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What kind of lure are you using if you don't mind sharing.  We typically will cast spinnerbaits once the weeds come up for northerns there.  Thanks

1 hour ago, zach said: