Schooled up salmon! insane spring salmon bite

2020 spring-ish Shake down was outrageous. Never seen salmon so schooled up. Double and triple headers all morning.

20 minutes of absolute CHAOS. Definitely felt good to be back on the water! 

Thanks for watching,

Dan
Edited by danne134
  • Like 7

I’m on year three at this big lake fishing after fishing for small lake fish my whole life. I finally have a well outfitted 28’ boat now and can consistently avoid the skunking but by no means able to compete with that video. If I can find active fish I usually have a good day. I need some knowledge on how the winds blow the water around, where the “warm water” comes from, trolling direction/speed best practices in currents and such if anyone wants to share. I’m out of I Bay. Went 9/10 on Saturday, 1/1 on Sunday and 2/2 today. Happy, sad,sad

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

2020 spring-ish Shake down was outrageous. Never seen salmon so schooled up. Double and triple headers all morning.

20 minutes of absolute CHAOS. Definitely felt good to be back on the water!   

Thanks for watching,

Dan
Wow incredible!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cha-Sea said:

I’m on year three at this big lake fishing after fishing for small lake fish my whole life. I finally have a well outfitted 28’ boat now and can consistently avoid the skunking but by no means able to compete with that video. If I can find active fish I usually have a good day. I need some knowledge on how the winds blow the water around, where the “warm water” comes from, trolling direction/speed best practices in currents and such if anyone wants to share. I’m out of I Bay. Went 9/10 on Saturday, 1/1 on Sunday and 2/2 today. Happy, sad,sad

I found out a long time ago that it only takes 1 good day to suck you into this and endure lots of days of not so good fishing always looking for that great day again!

• Like 1

U guys kill it with Your videos.  The footage,the editing, the music.  Definitely put some time in. I watched this while trollin Mexico bay washin spoons this afternoon. Lol.  Inspired me to run a few extra hrs:clap:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cha-Sea said:

the wind moves the surface water the quickest so when it blows hard from the east, the west end fills up with warm water so you have to fish deeper to find the cooler water. i have seen it blow so much that literally all the warm water gets circulated with cold water again.

hope this helps!

• Like 1

I found out a long time ago that it only takes 1 good day to suck you into this and endure lots of days of not so good fishing always looking for that great day again!
I disagree. It only took me 1 open water king... Seriously. Was on Craigslist shopping for a boat on the ride home.

Dan - amazing vid, but I expect nothing less from you ! Keep up the good work.
  • Like 1