Browns In Oswego Harbour

Are there any browns inside of Oswego Harbour to stay out of the wind and waves this time of the year?

Edited by Adk1
  • Like 1

you will find many of the browns have lampreys attached,  I'd say 50% of the browns caught this year have lampreys.   Some have 2 or 3 attahced. 

It seems the lamprey treatments were cancelled during a few years of covid and we are now seeing the results.  They are all in the 6-8 inch length

and we'll see what the future will bring as they spread into the system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dances with Fish said:

you will find many of the browns have lampreys attached,  I'd say 50% of the browns caught this year have lampreys.   Some have 2 or 3 attahced. 

It seems the lamprey treatments were cancelled during a few years of covid and we are now seeing the results.  They are all in the 6-8 inch length

well that sucks.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, Dances with Fish said:

Caught a couple browns out of Mexico on Saturday, on brown had 2 lampreys on it, Dec was there collecting information and asked how many browns I caught and asked if they had lampreys on it, so they are aware.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, Dances with Fish said:

A lamprey is a lamprey, but a sea lamprey should be in the foot to foot and a half range. These ones may have been native lamprey. Learned this through a podcast by FishHawk called Great Lakes Fishing Podcast. Interesting to hear the data and what they’re attempting for control. Sea lamprey live in the gravel for most of their life filter feeding, then emerge full grown and feed as a parasite for 12-18ish months before spawning and dying. Here’s a link to it. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/great-lakes-fishing-podcast/id1502752007?i=1000544983827

Ended going out of Mexico last Saturday. Didnt move a rod after 4 hours of trolling, lost 4 lures and packed up and left just in time to beat the rain that came in at 2. Pretty dissappointed.

17 hours ago, Adk1 said:

Ended going out of Mexico last Saturday. Didnt move a rod after 4 hours of trolling, lost 4 lures and packed up and left just in time to beat the rain that came in at 2. Pretty dissappointed.

Was slow last weekend, I found some good water north of Mexico launch, trolled forever before I got a few bites though, most charters switched to laker fishing,,,does anyone here know where they are catching the Lakers in mexico? And what depth?

57 minutes ago, Almostthere said:

Last weekend it was 140 mark for me. Out from the plant.

yeah I saw a small pack of boats out there. I didnt know if they were fishing for kings, or steelhead. Never guessed Lakers. We were in a green 18' Lowe with green top

Edited by Adk1