Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

12 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Does hunter orange apply to muzzleloader season?

Yes:

Fluorescent Orange & Fluorescent Pink Clothing Requirements

New: Any person hunting deer or bear with a firearm or a person who is accompanying someone hunting deer or bear with a firearm shall wear:

1. a minimum total of two hundred fifty square inches of solid fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink material worn above the waist and visible from all directions; or
  2. a minimum total of two hundred fifty square inches of patterned fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink consisting of no less than fifty percent fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink worn above the waist and visible from all directions; or
  3. a hat or cap with no less than fifty percent of the exterior consisting of solid fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink material and visible from all directions.

Firearm definition:

Firearm - all guns, including handguns, rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, BB and pellet guns.

Edited by spinfly
  • Like 1

Question on the above regulation: does an orange hat alone meet the requirement? Because it seems like you only have to fulfil one of the three to be legal - obviously you don't have to fulfil all three, or we'd be decked out in both solid and patterned orange, which is a fashion faux pas lol.

2 hours ago, Gator said:

Question on the above regulation: does an orange hat alone meet the requirement? Because it seems like you only have to fulfil one of the three to be legal - obviously you don't have to fulfil all three, or we'd be decked out in both solid and patterned orange, which is a fashion faux pas lol.

Your fine with an orange hat.

December 17 pm
34 degrees
SW wind 5 mph
Becoming cloudy

Got into my make shift ground blind early. Clear some stuff and brushed it in a bit better. Almost immediately I had deer in and out of the woods feeding. About 4 ish I had a button buck walk up behind me and got within 10 feet of me before he spooked. 4:00 the deer began to pour out of the woods. Saw 20+ total including 4 bucks.
About 415ish I put eyes on a mature buck but I only had a short window to make it happen. Probably a 5 count. Clean miss. About 90 yards. There's a few possibilities but im guessing (and hoping) I just rushed the shot. Of course now I'm thinking about heading to the range on Monday to make sure it wasn't the gun and it was all me.

IMG_20221217_155616787_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck guys!!  I passed a few does up last night w the muzzleloader. They’ve been hitting the food a little earlier since we got some cold and snow.  In a different stand tonight hoping they come off a brushy hill into a green field.  Took the bow out tonight for a change of pace.  

4578069F-7A2E-4B4E-B655-B2498763C14D.jpeg

49FE539C-8FF9-42CA-89ED-D590E8EF0708.jpeg

Edited by fishshack

December 28 pm
31 degrees
SW wind 10-20 mph
Cloudy skies
Flurries at dusk

Damn wind made for a cold, cold sit this afternoon but the action was hot. Probably the best sit of 2022. Deer we're on the feet early looking for one thing... food. I saw over 30 including 7 bucks. 3 of the bucks were mature (the giant bodied big beams and no points that I have seen at least a dozen times this year, 10 point that I shot at yesterday, and an absolute stud 8 pt).
No shots fired! Gonna change up the approach tomorrow and get a bit aggressive. I need a better angle and hopefully get a better shot window.

• Like 1

Back at it again for the afternoon. Came in here late this morning and brushed in a quick ground blind in a different spot. Different spot for a different wind. With the ground being frozen I was able to drive back here and do it. Wind seems a little goofy with the gusts but hopefully it maintains w or nw. Fingers crossed.