Board releases

tim

Looking for a different planner board release. Tried Amish outfitters and a bunch of no names . Can’t find one with a light release. Any suggestions. 
Thanks Tim

Rubber bands. I use a simple shower curtain hook and half hitch a light rubber band onto my line then clip it in the hook and send it down the board line. If the fish can't break the band you'll at least see it stretching the band and can pop it off with a quick snap of the rod.

Total Chaos

• Like 1

I found that the lightest rubberbands I could buy at wall mart office supply or any other store was still hard to break.  then I found Omish outfitters rubber bands on the fishusa.com site and in some bait shops along Lake Erie. they make 2 weights of them the heavy and the lite. I believe there are other brands on the market but I order a lot of my still from fish USA so I just ordered from them.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:24 AM, sherman brown said:

I found that the lightest rubberbands I could buy at wall mart office supply or any other store was still hard to break.  then I found Omish outfitters rubber bands on the fishusa.com site and in some bait shops along Lake Erie. they make 2 weights of them the heavy and the lite. I believe there are other brands on the market but I order a lot of my still from fish USA so I just ordered from them.

Leave them out in the sun a while, they'l snap real easy afterwards.

• Haha 1

I use Weldon’s pad releases. They may be under a different name now. Put them on a metal dog snap and they shoot down the line no matter the wind speed

3BFCD5BA-0AFC-4D09-90F1-2A24FE570CF8.png

Edited by Gill-T

I’ve tried different pad releases can’t find one light enough for small walleyes. I’ll try metal dog snap, and leaving the rubber bands in the sun. Any other ideas  feel free let me know. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for clipper releases. Also generally if you’re watching your poles you can see when one is a little heavier than the rest, a quick snap and it’ll release. I’m always watching the rods not waiting for them to release on their own

Thanks guys I got a lot of good ideas to try in May for Walleyes. You can always count on Lake Ontario United to come up with good ideas. Thanks again Tim