OK HERE IT IS HOW THE SCOTTIE WENT FOR THE L.O.U.S.E.R.S

As we all know a good placing boat(2nd from last)must do there homework and prefish.So much to the surprise and delight(not) of my wife i leave mon. nite for wilson,with prearrangements with MICK from the oak to fish tues. we give it our best shot and manage 1 14lb laker(FISHERMANSfavorite fish).we come in at 1pm to be gretted by a strong ne wind so i sit at the state docks with whitecaps in the harbor and rock my self to sleep.Wed. i went ALONEand landed a 18 lb and 12 lb king and several smaller cohos and bows.then comes Chowder on thurs with a pleasent fog so a bar run is out and we set up close dont remember how many fish we caught but i do remember doing circles 5 sec after giving him the wheel making it near impossable to get a rigger out let alone a dypsy and kept saying nw and after each rigger setup we were going se (no wondr he had Hank install a autopiolet on his new boat).But even im smart enuf not to anger a 6ft4 farmer who moves 1500lb cows by hand not to slap him around for his errors(i have 2 gps units and a compass for headings).then wed nite musky get scarred of driving his 12,000lb plus camper 4 hrs without brakes and runs home to jackie so she can fix them for him.So its one more night in the elements for ol ray,ray but i decided to go to camp and sub.bobs 36ft heated moterhome with my unheated boat AGAIN.WALA i go to shower and forgot towels but my good friend Fishtails (rod) saves the day runs in his camper and hands me a PINK towell,i get the crap beat outa me as i walk through the fishing camp with my new towel so i run screaming back to my boat and grab my cleanest salmon rag and get hosed down for the nite.Then BIG fish friday comes around at this time im forgeting what a fish is but we point the bow n,er ne,er s,er sw,er just give me the wheel chowder!oh wait thats musky driving after lettingo of jackies apron strings.(we didnt win fri SURPRISE).tHEN THE BIG DAY ARRIVES nick jumps up in the camper like a cadet in bootcamp at full mast and has to show bob and i his youthful manhood.(no wonder mike "landshark"chose the cold in a tent)then we had to wait for nicky to apply several layers on facial creams and defoleators.we proudly line up our recycled tin can boat along with 67 cruisers with 52" screens for fish finders and more rods than cabellas .and boom the race is off and the Pegasus with full crew putts along at a blinding 15 mph.

PART 2 ;;;::: it went from dead calm to 4 ftrs with the wake of those itty bitty 10 meters plus boats.after gettinhit with 4 ft wakes on all 6 sides(4 sides plus top and bottem) we gathered up our freshly rearranged tackle and started our quest to WIN....WIN...WIN.....win within 5 min first big 18" fish on with several more to follow at least we had the pleasure of watching EVERY boat in sight land kings.Then Billy V started all the wind ,I know it was him as another boat passed behind him three guys in the back of his boat were hollaring and waving with both arms.Then it happened after 2 years of owining a copper rig I reluctnly broke it out and deployed my remaining 560 ft,and within 20 first king on ,landshark takes the rod with a smashing 25 lbr on but being a walley guy it takes him so long to get it in the fish dropped 12 lbs to the 13 lb range .as mike layed on the deck recovering from the tussle (the fish still had more life in it than mike)good ol Nick obeys the capt.(me) and trips the dypsy with the swipe of the 10 ft rod like Vandam in a bass tourny as I say Noooooooooo in slow motion ,needless to say noodle rod nick reels in a empty wire with a sheepish look on his face stating "thats how i trip mine"$30.00 to the fish gods.After threatng bob to be replaced with a 49cent bungie (poor mans auto piolet) he gets us straight for the 20th time and we lick our woonds and redeploy the stuff . 20 min later we get a nice rip and being the nice guy i am i let stay outa the way nick grab the rod ....................lost fish (KING) 1 then another fires YUP nicky again lost fish(KING) 2and of course being a slow learner you got it in 4 ft and growing by the min seas another big rip and good ole nick steps over mike who is fast asleep due to previous battle LOUSES OUR 4 THE AND FINAL KING!!!!!!!!!!!! before heading in (after 45 min of dypsy copper untangle in 4 ft seas).then comes weigh in well good ole mike is hiding in the bushes in shame as nick and i struggle up the steps in front of GOD and everyone to weigh in the 2 nd smallest fish of the SCOTTy.sunday was a blowoff day as i was pretty shure we were out of contention.So here is the KICKER CHOWDER who leared a (few) things on the PEGASUS wins first place in the BARNEYS derby on cayuga.NICKY (doublehaul) takes 2nd place in the brown in the Henderson Classic,Musky grabbed his bobber pole and went camping with the backdoor bandits and i went worm fishing on the Hudson and smashed the stripers .Once again thanks to everyone for the SCOTTY .did i forget to mention at the cleaning nick was chasing donw a mother goose and her babies trying to settle a childhood grievence of getting pecked and Mike washed the steering wheel of my 35,000.00 van casuing the horn to stick on at random (till we pulled the fuse UNDER the hood) and my radio which too 4 days to dry out didnt work.Our first non drinking derby with a great story ;( ..... and i returened the pink towell UNUSED>>>So as ive said before everyone should do a derby on lake ontario JUST PICK YOUR CREW FROM ANYWHERE and you can have a good time. Ray K.

Ray great step by step play action report, not everyone could do what you guys did.

Hold your heads high and be proud of where you placed . Then again maybe you need

more practice :beer::beer: for everyone it's just fishing

Oh how I miss those fun times ;( .

Ray NOBODY tells a story like you do :yes:

Ray what did Musky attended the HBDS (Harrington Boat Driving School) :lol:

Hey Doublehaul Van Dam, now I know why you don't keep fish during the summer, apparently you don't actually land any to keep :lol::lol::lol:

Always a good time when your with Ray :yes::yes:

Damn... that was funny stuff Ray. I know you said you didn't use the towel, but I burned it anyway :lol: I couldn't (in good conscience) let my daughter use her Barbie towel again knowing where it may have been. I gotta say....It really was you dude....Even though I probably had 20 man towels, that one screamed Ray to me the second I opened the cabinet door ;):rofl::rofl:

Ray,

First time I got to read your adventure and I thank you as well as my fishing partners. Everytime we just go out to fish we have a great time. We seem to get our lines out in record time, miss very few rips and just have fun.

HOWEVER...Each time we fish in a derby or contest some how Murphy jumps on board with his LAW and it becomes a disaster. It's like 4 guys first time ever driving a boat, setting out lines and trying to land a fish. See, we thought we were the only ones who trip over our feet during crunch time.

ONCE AGAIN................Thanks L.O.U.S.E.R.S.

Shade :clap::clap::clap:

Ray,

Couldn't agree with the guys above more!!! What a great story. Brought tears to my eyes!! That towel wasn't really that bad. Probably a good thing that you burned it though Rod. :rofl::rofl: Hope the rest of your fishing trips are as much fun.

Jeff

OK here is the truth. Bob, Nick, and I discovered we had better not end up in contention. Here is why. Ray really is a good guy. Truth be known Ray spelled the team name wrong when entering. We knew he would have felt bad if we were up in the money with the name LOOSERS. Therefore the 3 of us decided to start dropping fish on purpose to save Ray a lil red face. Sacrificing our potential payday for the sake of one man. Thats my story and I'm out like Ray at a spelling bee.