Wilson State Park closing monday!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly, in the infinite wisdom of our blind governor, Wilson State Park will be placed under lock and key this Monday. :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

This move saves the state 12 Million when they are in debt 9 Billion. Genius! Vote ALL incumbants out!!!!

Yes it sucks.But being in debt to the tune of 9 billion dollars sucks even more.

In my house when money is tight, the luxuries like dining out and fishing,yes fishing, are scaled back first,the same goes for NY state.

It hurts to close some parks,but it is not wrong given the circumstances.

Now if the Governor could save some serious money in other places AND help us to throw out most, if not all incumbents,I would be satisfied.

It is extremly wrong to do this. How bout we open the gates , put up a sign " Use at your own risk" and let us use it for free ? This is a spit in the ocean when it comes to the deficit woes. We give school kids on the dole 200 bucks for suplies to buy their votes. What was the bill for that? This is to make us feel pain so we will say alright to the upcoming tax increases , Rolmops , & you are playing right into it. How bout a cut in pay and perks for the NY legislative royalty? Won't happen . I agree , cut spending , but we need to think in terms of eficiency. They don't want to let us use it for free because when we find out it will probably cost less in the long run we won't want to go back to the way it is now & that means less money in their pockets & more in ours & we can't have that,can we.Turn them over to the counties or sell off the property if we really can't afford them. Wake up guys , you are being played.

Perhaps the governor should demand all his people bring a suitcase ,and plan on staying in Albany untill they put a budget in place .Giving the workers days off with no pay, cloing various parks , etc. is only going to anger people,with out saving any serious money. I'm all in favor of kicking all incumbents out of office ! Doesn't seem as though it could get any worse :no::no:

We travel to Wilson Tuscarora to fish all the time... In fact we're heading there tomorrow morning.

All of us spend a considerable amount of money on boats, gas, tackle, electronics..... bla...bla....bla... and there's state taxes applied to all those purchases.....so let's make it difficult to enjoy the things we like to spend our money on...... doesn't make a lot of sense to me..... you can go right down the lake and name the State launches.... Youngstown, Wilson, Golden Hill, Oak Orchard (saved by the locals), Sandy, .... and eastward...... If the state were to close all those areas... in the long run, won't it hurt the income side (tax revenue)? Hell of a plan..... I agree with the votem'out philosophy!

We may not have to worry about low water if there's no place open to launch from......

Question?....... is there a good privately owned launch site in Wilson for a 20 - 25'boat? Wilson Boatyard?

Yes it sucks.But being in debt to the tune of 9 billion dollars sucks even more.

In my house when money is tight, the luxuries like dining out and fishing,yes fishing, are scaled back first,the same goes for NY state.

It hurts to close some parks,but it is not wrong given the circumstances.

Now if the Governor could save some serious money in other places AND help us to throw out most, if not all incumbents,I would be satisfied.

It IS Wrong on several levels, 1) the parks that are being closed make money for the state, it makes no sense to close ethem; 2) There are people living on the Island/Spit on the Lake side of Wilson Tuscarora Bay for which the park is their ONLY access to their homes; 3) it is the only launch ramp in Wilson. The town of Wilson is going to take a tremendous beating financially if all of those people who can no longer launch at WTSP seek ameneties elsewhere; 4) it's just plain wrong PERIOD!! You wanna save some money, shut down the handouts and entitlements to the non producers in this freaking state.

This doesn't affect me personally, my boat is already sitting in it's slip at Olcott, but right is right.

Tim

Pro/Am contestants not familiar with the area, you can still launch at Olcott and travel the 10-15 minutes down the lake to Wilson if that is where your slip rental is. What a chaffe. Those of you pulling out of your temporary slip in Wilson after the tournament will have to deal with some difficult logistics with team members having to meet the boat in Olcott....friekin' pain in the arse!!! People please email your state representative. The time to speak is now! We were able to stop all the back door sneaky deals involving windmills in the lake, so no reason we all cannot achieve similar results with this issue. In a state where the number one industry is now tourism, WTF is the thinking here! :devil: Supposedly, the NYC fireworks on the 4th of July have been cancelled. This event has been estimated to bring in 100,000 visitors to NYC. So our representatives have squandered tens of Billions of our tax dollars, taxed away all the manufacturing businesses, so now we are reliant on tourism dollars.......and NOW they are attacking tourism.......WTF is the end game here? What are we trying to accomplish with this idiotic death spiral?

I don't think the Village and Town of Wilson will let the park close entirely. It was mentioned some time ago that the village has already made an offer to take over the operation of it. Like Mike said, the area tourism will suffer greatly and in turn cause real havoc with the revenues that all local businesses collect. The tax base from loss of sales alone will gut the State fund even more. A joint effort by the county planning office for Niagara County should coincide with the Village of Wilson business owner's associations to push through a solution to keep it open. We have kept after the Orleans county planning office and it has worked to keep open the Oak Orchard Marine park.

Mark

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/15/1 ... close.html

Jeremy, even if the locals cut the lock and allow people to launch their boat, when they park their vehicle/trailer, they will be ticketed by the Park Police who will still be patroling. My boat is going in tommorow since it looks like the weather finally is going to break and the locks are going on the park. I am considering not fishing the Orleans Pro/Am because of the inconvienence of having to haul-out in Olcott.

For decades Woodlawn Beach was used by the public and there was no government resources or finances spent to operate it. People just used it. Garbage, dead fish, steel plant orange water, drownings, etc. Then the state takes over, spends a ton of our money, we can not launch our boats, no swimming days, lifeguards, Park Police, and fees. Result was less usage and now we will be arrested for using something that the public used for decades without the beaurocrats operating it. More people drown in swimming pools than drowned in the lake swimming without lifeguards. Court fees will go to the state for every arrest the Park Police make for trespassing. And now we will have to burn up a lot of gasoline to travel twenty miles further, each way, to the nearest public beach. The goofs in Albany should have their pensions forfeited for this act.

This I believe is the original closure list. How many do we know that have been resolved or modified in one way or the other?

Specific recommended closures and service reductions are detailed below:

Long Island

Brookhaven State Park (Suffolk)--Close Park

Bethpage State Park (Suffolk)--Eliminate Winter Sports; Reduce picnic area and polo field

Caleb Smith State Park Preserve (Suffolk)--Close Park

Cold Spring Harbor State Park (Suffolk)--Close Park

Connetquot River State Park (Suffolk)--Close Weekdays

Heckscher State Park (Suffolk)--Close Swimming Pool

Jones Beach State Park (Nassau)--Close West Swimming Pool; Eliminate July 4th fireworks

Montauk Downs State Park (Suffolk)--Close Swimming Pool

Nissequogue River State Park (Suffolk)--Close Park

Orient Beach State Park (Suffolk)--Close Park

Trail View State Park (Suffolk)--Close Park

New York City Region

Bayswater Point State Park (Queens)--Close Park

Riverbank State Park (New York)--Reduce Operating Hours; Close Outdoor Swimming Pool; Eliminate Seniors Classes, and Community/Cultural Events

Palisades Region

Fort Montgomery Historic Site (Orange)--Close Historic Site

Harriman SP– Anthony Wayne (Orange)--Close Park Area

Harriman SP – Group Camps (Orange)--Reduce Maintenance

High Tor State Park (Rockland)--Close Pool

Knox Headquarters Historic Site (Orange)--Close Historic Site

New Windsor Cantonment SHS (Orange)-- Close Historic Site

Schunnemunk State Park (Orange)-- Close Park

Stony Point State Historic Site (Orange)--Close Historic Site

Tallman Mountain State Park (Rockland)--Close Pool

Taconic Region

Donald J. Trump State Park (Westchester)--Close Park

FDR (Roosevelt) State Park (Westchester)--Reduce Swimming Pool Season

Hudson Highlands State Park (Putnam)--Close Arden Point Area

James Baird State Park (Dutchess)--Reduce Golf Course Season

Mills Norrie State Park (Dutchess)--Reduce Golf Course Season

Olana State Historic Site (Columbia)--Close 2 Days per Week

Philipse Manor Hall Historic Site (Westchester)--Close Historic Site

Rockefeller State Park Preserve (Westchester)--Eliminate Interpretive Programs

Taconic Outdoor Education Center (Putnam)--Eliminate Interpretive Programs

Taconic State Park – Rudd Pond (Dutchess)--Close Rudd Pond Area

Wonder Lake State Park (Putnam)--Close Park

Saratoga-Capital Region

Bennington Battlefield State Historic Site (Rensselaer)--Close Historic Site

Hudson River Islands State Park (Rensselaer)--Close Park

John Boyd Thacher State Park (Albany)--Close Park

John Brown Farm Historic Site (Essex)--Close Historic Site

Johnson Hall State Historic Site (Fulton)--Close Historic Site

Max V. Shaul State Park (Schoharie)--Close Park

Schodack Island State Park (Rensselaer)--Close Park

Schoharie Crossing Historic Site (Montgomery)--Close Historic Site

Schuyler Mansion Historic Site (Albany)--Close Historic Site

Central Region

Chittenango Falls State Park (Madison)--Close Park

Clark Reservation State Park (Onondaga)--Close Park

Fort Ontario State Historic Site (Oswego)--Close Historic Site

Helen McNitt State Park (Madison)--Close Park

Herkimer Home Historic Site (Herkimer)--Close Historic Site

Hunts Pond State Park (Chenango)--Close Park

Oquaga Creek State Park (Broome)--Close Park

Old Erie Canal State Park (Onondaga)--Close Park

Oriskany Battlefield/Steuben SHS (Oneida)--Close Historic Site

Pixley Falls State Park (Oneida)--Close Park

Robert Riddell State Park (Delaware)--Close Park

Selkirk Shores State Park (Oswego)--Close Public Swimming Beach

Finger Lakes Region

Beechwood State Park (Wayne)--Close Park

Bonavista State Park (Seneca)--Close Park

Chimney Bluffs State Park (Wayne)--Close Park

Newtown Battlefield State Park (Chemung)--Close Park

Springbrook Greens State Park (Cayuga)--Close Park

Two Rivers State Park (Tioga)--Close Park

Buttermilk Falls State Park (Tompkins)--Close Public Swimming Area

Seneca Lake State Park (Seneca)--Close Lake Swimming Beach

Stony Brook State Park (Steuben)--Close Public Swimming Area

Thousand Islands Region

Canoe Island State Park (Jefferson)--Close Park

Cedar Island State Park (Jefferson)--Close Park

Eel Weir State Park (St. Lawrence)--Close Park

Keewaydin State Park (Jefferson)--Close Park

Macomb Reservation State Park (Clinton)--Close Park

Mary Island State Park (Jefferson)--Close Park

Point Au Roche State Park (Clinton)--Close Park

Sackets Harbor State Historic Site (Jefferson)--Close Historic Site

Genesee Region

Hamlin Beach State Park (Monroe)--Close Swimming Beach 3 Days per Week

Oak Orchard State Marine Park (Orleans)--Close Park

Regionwide Multiple Eliminate Camper Recreation Program

Niagara Region

Joseph Davis State Park (Niagara)--Close Park

Knox Farm State Park (Erie)--Close Park

Wilson-Tuscarora State Park (Niagara)--Close Park

Woodlawn Beach State Park (Erie)-- Close Park

Regionwide--Reduce interpretive programs

Allegany Region

Allegany State Park (Cattaraugus)--Close Quaker Area Swim Beach; Close Quaker Cabins Area on December 1st; Eliminate Winter Trails Maintenance; Reduce Recreation Programs

Long Point State Park (Chautauqua)--Close Park

###

This I believe is the original closure list. How many do we know that have been resolved or modified in one way or the other?
Oak Orchard State Marine Park (Orleans)--Close Park
RESOLVED

any others?

Mark

We just talked with the State Park Police bout the closing of Wilson State Park.He said that some parks will be locked and no entrance will be permitted.The list that he had did not include Wilson.The officer stated that the list has changed several times in the past few days.We're going to try to launch there tomorrow.....Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

this is the welfare state. the state still has enough money to hand out checks to the non-working, plus raises. i am a state worker, i work in a prison, i see the abusers every weekend when they come to visit. free busses from the cities. they all use their benefit cards as I.D. but they carry a wad of cash, and wear the latest fashions, have their hair and nails all did up all pretty. my facility just spent over 400,000 to re-do 4 visitor bathrooms. there is wasteful spending all over the agencies of this state. when these self-serving politicians realize we cant keep spending this way, their response was to try to keep working people home, and not pay them.(congrats to the judge that stopped the furloughs). sorry bout the rant, but it really irks me, that the tax paying working class must support those who are irresponsable, lazy. p.s. if the government can control the private sector(car manufacturers, banks, who ever else took bailout money) then those who take gov't money on a monthly basis ought to conform to some guidelines as well... weekly drug tests, including alcohol and tobaco. a few hours of community service. go on birth control. if a person cant support themself, how can they keep having babies that they cant support. maybe then there would be some incentive to get off thier rear ends and get off the publics dime. just my opinion... Dave

The Park and launch are open.Launched there this morning.The State Park officer we talked to said that there is no plan to close Wilson at this time.He did say that it could all change.It will be like this till NYS adopts a budget.Fish are scattered and not many were boat out.We finished the morning 3/5 with a 17# being out largest.Vote em all out on Nov 2...Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

We need a governor who will appoint Parks and DEC commisioners that care about where the money comes from to run their departments. These appointed lackeys are stealing our funds to run other programs that our moneys were not dedicated for. Parks and DEC funds do not come from income and sales taxes, but from our admission and license fees. The state still makes out from the payroll and sales taxes from the employees.

This morning it said in the D&C that the park and the launch will be run by the county and stay open.

It seems that the state and the county had put all the pieces in place for this transfer in the past few weeks.