Downrigger releses

As a pro staff boat for black releases i can honestly say that you will not find a more dependable release on the market today. the life of the release is far greater than any release i have used since 1977. its simple reliable. the tension screws will adjust for almost all species of fish. i have personally used them from small mouth bass,pike,muskey,salmon and trout all the way to tarpon, sailfish and marlin in the ocean

Good luck i hope that helps you out

Chris :D

We changed over to Black's from a pinch pad style 5-6 seasons ago now.

Absolutely LOVE THEM! Great for walleye on Erie or salmon on Ontario!

I have no experience with the chamberlains.

John

Tim complains about the Black's releases every time he is on my boat. His sausage-fingers can't make the twists :lol:

Reasons to like Black's......low drag/profile reduces blow back, you can really crank them tight when fishing deep, no false releases, SIMPLICITY.

I just find them very cumbersome and difficult to use.

The Scottys have all of the supposed advantages of the blacks without any of my personal negatives. You can absolutely load the crap out of the rods with NO false releases; IMO, they are much easier to get the line into; there is certainly no added drag from them; and much easier to see shakers on the line.

In a head to head comparison, the blacks come in a weak and distant second place IMO.

Seriously, if blacks were the only releases available, I'd invent something else so I wouldn't have to use them.

Tim

I have never ran a Blacks on my boat but have used them on others. I have no opinion on them.

I have ran Chamberlains and like them for certain applications. I will not use them for running paddles or other heavy applications. What I don't like about them is that the strike-side tension is maxed out at 4.5 pounds.

I like a heavier tension for Lake Ontario for better hookups and fewer false releases when running paddles and down and outs. I don't mind releasing the rod on smaller fish.

So, most of the time I run Scotty's with the 30 inch lead so I can really see the fish bounce the rod if it can't release it.

It is conforting to know that Tim can't get the hang of using the best rigger release out there, as shown by the above unsolicited testimonials!

Guess that Tim has to stoop to derogatory comment to get his incorrect points noticed!

I say again what really sucks, what do you mean by using this type of comment, Tim???????????

I can't see the relationship between a mechanical line management system & sucking??????????

Sucking must be a term near & dear to you.

Please grow up for the second time!!!!

Blacks across the board for us. On our probe rigger we attach a Scotty release to the blacks to help eliminate the probe tangling up with the line attached to the rigger. This tangle up really only happens while going into big swells on our boat. Maybe the new ride will act differently???