Best Spoons in 2014?

Jammer

You catch fish on what you run.

Hank gave me very similar words of advice once,

"Run what you have confidence in and forget about all that other stuff, if you change out to random stuff, how do you know if you are missing fish on your good stuff?" Thanks again Pops!

Another good lure for me this year was an old Apex that Mac10/Randy gave me that I ran behind a white green dot spinny.

ran a lot of the same spoons as most people here.  standout spoon for us was UV gator stingray on leadcore in the spring and copper in the summer but it shut down after July.

I must be one of the few boats that didn't land a single fish on SSW or 42nd spoons.  or carmel dolphin

Edited by BrokeOff

ran a lot of the same spoons as most people here.  standout spoon for us was UV gator stingray on leadcore in the spring and copper in the summer but it shut down after July.

I must be one of the few boats that didn't land a single fish on SSW or 42nd spoons.  or carmel dolphin

Same here... after July went with UV Gator Crush (stingray & Mag)... went through a few of those spoons this year - wish the finish held up longer. It was Hot for multi-species.

I noticed with slightly stained water or cloudy days the SSW was right on. The pi$$ green water was more silver or brighter spoons....like previously posted....its all what you are confident with. I'm just starting to get more confident with meat, so next season it will go out more times than not.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same spoon as last year did a majority of the damage on Lake Michigan.  Even gave a few out to others on the docks and they all said the same thing.  The one I ran all the time has teeth marks all up and down the thing....all the way to swivel.  

Moonshine UV/RV blue flounder pounder.  

While we are on Erie most of the time, we did fish Wilson for May, and the Oak for a few days

in later August. Have to say, for me, the traditional go to spoons didn't do too much at all.

In Wilson, the best was a UV Warrior salmon candy; and at the Oak, a DW Sea Sick Waddler.

Interesting year too for us on Erie. I do run spoons for walleye, and the WD's usually work

pretty good. Not in 2014....was a huge stickbait bite for us, and Yecks seemed to be the best

spoon. I didn't even get one on the WD's.....

All that does is make me buy more spoons....LOL.....

• 1 month later...

spring anything ugly for browns  FLT death from above

early summer FLT albino frog and bright and early and nbk 

also FLT psychosomatic out deep for steelys was hot  

then later in year for some reason anything with green and yellow turned on for us stingray uv pickle seed

did not catch anything on ssw or carbon 14..... I think the ssw fired once and came unbuttoned

Edited by minion