Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Be nice if you could shaft that buck, pretty cool to see him jump up the way they do!! Nice job big bucks, looks & sounds like you might want to put some time in the woods!!

Congratulations HD on a nice buck!

That video is great; I cut off a licking branch on one of the scrapes that opens up every year...guess what? It went dead. Time to install a new licking branch! I bet that the scrape will open up again within a couple days. The real action is up high.

Edited by Gator

Little while ago had a doe with 2 fawns come through 100 miles an hour. 5 mins later right after I set my bow back down a big yote came down their trail. Turned at the last second no shot! Bastard! 5 mins later a doe pops out with her tail in the air and had a 2 1/2 8 tending nice a slow past the stand. Free pass cool encounter

Thanks guys !

Here are some details

post-140972-0-28778100-1477838812_thumb.jpg

summer work pays off.

The imperial clover is a magnet after the ag field get cut. The annual scrape is on a cedar tree I doctored it up 3 weeks ago by taking a licking branch from a scrape 60mi away and zip tying it vertically to a branch and placed the trail camera 7' high in the cover. The deer activity starTed slow with mostly night visits the first week by the second week I was seeing some day time and new bucks and this last week it was full blown this buck was hitting the scrape 2 to 3 times a day. I Waited for the west winds and slipped in. At 4pm doe were filtering in and I could here some grunts.. 30mins later a doe comes flying though sure enough I look to my left and hes standing there all puffed up pissing on the scrape I knew he would round the corner and tend his doe so I relaxed and waited and let him walk to my pinch point giving me a chip shot 25yd quarter away. This is the 3rd buck that has fell to that trap in 4 years.post-140972-0-66192000-1477840672_thumb.jpg

Free wagon ride for him!

post-140972-0-79783300-1477840760_thumb.jpg

I hope some day I can pass on bucks this size but for now I'm completely satisfied to tag em.

Guess the age? He has the race horse front end.

post-140972-0-83626800-1477841932_thumb.jpg

Best of luck to all of LOU.

Edited by HOLY DIVER