Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

It felt great to be back in the woods this morning. Not a whole lot to report but apparently 7 deer/ car collisions were reported before 7 am in Monroe county this morning.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14776853006295_thumb.jpg

This is my idea of fatattachicon.gifIMG_1477687817.239024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

post-140268-14776896993744_thumb.jpg

This is my idea of Morbid Obesity! Lol!

Think it's a couple years ago...

Maybe we need to do more deer pen projects along with salmon!...lol!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by skipper19

attachicon.gif_20161028_1552251.jpg

This is the 10th time I've seen this pic in the past 3-4 years. I think it was shot on a fenced in preserve a few years ago

attachicon.gif_20161028_1552251.jpg

That pic has been on the net for years.

Pretty crazy night in the stand last night but unfortunately deer didnt moved until after 6:00. Its a guess but Im thinking i saw 17 deer overall and only 2 with racks. Both 2.5 year old bucks that putting on a heck of a buck fight the first time they saw each other about 30 yards from the stand. Lots of does getting chased by these two into the woods, and in and around the corn. No big guys but the camera on site showed a huge uptick in scrape activity over the past 9 days with 10-11 different bucks visiting it. (including 4 big guys). With all the action i didnt know who was going to show up to the party. Had the bow in hand, ready to go three times... 

Here's my buck from last night. I was seeing some doe moving around, but no chasing from small bucks like I've seen over the past couple of days. They were very relaxed, in fact three of them pinned me in my stand for twenty minutes feeding within 30 yards. After they left around 6:15 this guy comes from the other direction. I saw him at 70 yards, got my bow up, and when he hit a shooting lane at 25 yards I let fly. It was a very slight quartering toward shot, but dead still with his head canted away from me; the arrow went in at the front of the ribs and exited where you see. Clean double lung, and he ran all of 60 or 70 yards.

Back out this morning to put a buddy on a deer.

Bow Buck 2016

Edited by Gator

Went to bed thinking I would definitely need my long Johns this morning. Woke up and think I might put the boat in the water! This weather is crazy! Headed in now after the big 10. Congrats Keith!! Awsome buck!