Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Dead out here right now! A doe with 2 fawns at first light and thata it. Last night was crazy here for me buddy. Had a royal battle break out 40 yards from him. Got to the point where they were even stuck together for a while and we thought we were going to have to step in and help, but thank God they finally pulled apart. He said that 5 other bucks came running in during the fight but nothing over 2 1/2.

This guy was the winner of last night's bout!

post-148213-14799072388618_thumb.jpg

My trail cams had tons of pictures right up through Friday, then as of the snow on Sunday things went dead. Hardly any pictures of deer and what few I had were after dark. If this morning was any indication, they're holding tight. I almost stepped on a buck and my buddy missed a running shot on him. That's all we saw. At least it was calm out.

It was a slow morning until this guy showed up around 8 am. He was all buy himself and I dropped him in his tracks with my 270. I have killed a few nice deer with my bow but this is my best buck so far with a gun. It also was my first rifle kill in NY! Our group has done real well this year so I have to say thanks to my Friend Tom (land Owner) and to God for this awesome world he created for us! Good Luck guys we are still seeing good deer on trail cameras so hunt hard there are plenty of deer left out there.

post-139757-0-15489800-1479920918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gene Shenk

Thanks for the positive comments! It has been a great season and since I haven't shot a deer in 4 years let alone over 10 years since I shot a buck with a gun, has made it even sweeter. I am fortunate to have solid property to hunt on the last 8 years and a great group to hunt with, So much to be thankful for especially time spent with family and friends.

Well a friend and myself both dropped bucks off Saturday evening to have European mounts done. We both got calls Monday morning saying they were ready to be picked up. I know someone else posted about someone that does the European mounts, so I'm just adding to the list. His business name is called Droptyne European mounts, and he is located in Savona NY. He charges $55 for a whitetail, not sure what his pricing is for other game. I'll add his contact info below. This is the second buck I've had him do for me and he does a great job and always gets them done quickly.

Rob Connis

7574 Eagle Valley Rd

Savona, NY 14879

607-438-0810

post-143216-0-26583200-1479941472_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guppy35