Legacy- 2017 Deer Season

Legacy

With a change of plans on my opening day spot (i was going to use my 99 savage with open sights) I decided to participate in one of Robs favorite pastimes and sighted my new (1959 model 110) .270 in. Luckily I shoot savages with leupolds so it took 2 shots after a kitchen table boresight to be dead nuts. What’s your guys faithful weapon of choice for tomorrow? IMG_0578.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I almost always hunt opening day with my fathers old marlin 30/30. It’s a 1964. Just a “special” gun to me since he doesn’t hunt anymore. It’s a kind of way of him being with me still on opening day

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

November 17 am
32 degrees
NW wind 10-15
Clear skies

Clear, cool, and crisp morning. 3 bucks, 4 button bucks, and one doe this morning. Put eyes on a shooter 8 pt again today. I think I've seen this deer four times in the past two weeks. He is gonna make a mistake one of these times.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I almost always hunt opening day with my fathers old marlin 30/30. It’s a 1964. Just a “special” gun to me since he doesn’t hunt anymore. It’s a kind of way of him being with me still on opening day

That’s awesome. I’m a big fan of guns like that with a story. My dad actually got me my .270 for my birthday because I’ve been bugging him to give me my grandfathers 110 .270 ever since I shot my first deer with it. Never got to meet him but I shot my first ever deer with it on his birthday out in Montana when I was 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My kid was in one of our church rd stands, east side of Sandy and had fishermen walk right through the woods and ruin his hunt. Good thing it wasn’t me . We don’t enforce our posted signs for fishermen, they usually stay close to the banks. Pretty stupid.

Winchester model 70-270. Inherated it from my grandfather and havent changed a thing on it. I shoot all my does in the head every year with it. It only has a 4x fixed weaver scope on it but it has a perfect little aiming dot in the reticles. Thing is dead nuts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I too have the Mossburg 500 with rifled barrel. But that hasn't seen the woods since I bought my CVA Accura V2! Love that gun more then any! Since my land literally is on the wrong side road no rifles allowed! The Muzzleloader hunting has definitely made me a better deer killer also, slowes you down and makes you take only perfect shot. Zero back up, closest you can get to bow hunting situations with a gun. Good luck every one tomarrow, shoot straight and knock em stiff!

Good luck tomorrow fellas, our deer gun season don’t start for 2 more weeks. Our bear season starts tomorrow morning in Pa.

7 hours ago, Gator said:

Okay, I didn't figure you guys would take me seriously...the goose fell out of the sky, probably a hunter in a field somewhere nearby, my buddy heard it crash...and I finished it from 20 yards as it was walking on one of my trails :P. Surprised the crap out of me when I saw it, I'll tell you. I can only wish I could make a shot on a goose flying. I hear there's guys who's can, but that ain't me. Good luck to all tomorrow!

I saw a tv show where the guys were shooting doves out of the sky with bows, was very impressive! No way I would even think of it!