Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

26 minutes ago, tinfin said:

X-2, can't to see this guy!

Sent from my LML212VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

He is no giant but he is pretty good and very unique with lots of funny business on the right side. Tracker just left work and will be on my property around 1:30. Hopefully I have good news in a few hours!

Edited by idn713
  • Like 2

No dice. Just.......unreal. Found someone else’s nice 7 point. Sickening. 

I couldn’t be more upset with myself 

Sorry to hear that but it happens.
I as well would be back out in the morning.
We all have horror stories of unsuccessful tracking jobs.
I once found a big section of intestine in a tree branch and never found the deer.
You may find him in the morning, unfortunately this movie will play over and over in your mind for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yah, you work so hard for the opportunity snd then you hurry the shot. I just have to be better. I will be better next time, but I’m done with the bow for the year. That just takes all the want out of me. Here is a pic of the 7 we found. It was a good deer and yes I believe it was tripping the dog up. Searched for over 6 hours today and covered almost all available areas within a mile. Grid searched, never had good blood really beyond the arrow 

EB38A40C-791C-45C0-82F4-12CD16849C0D.jpeg

I was in your shoes on the 6th man! It sucks hardcore!! We searched every square inch of property i was able to, with no luck. Unfortunately I was not able to get a dog to help, but very busy time of year for those few guys that choose to track over hunt. Takes a lot to get back out there but we have no choice! The next few days are when the BIG boys are their feet big time searching for their next does! As wierd as it sounds i wish I was going to work in the morning with my bow tag wrapped around the deer i shot's rack,, but instead I will be in a tree swaying and freezing on another all day sit , but this is what we wait for all year! If this hasn't happened to everyone, well they just plain out haven't been doing this hard and long enough!

• Like 5

Good luck in the morning Matt I’ll be out tomorrow as well. All day for me too, or 10am which ever comes first lol my all days are over. Back in the house and back in the tree at 2.
Good luck all

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United