Non-ethanol gas

WNY fishermen. The NOCO station on Whitehaven Rd. on Grand Island sells no ethanol gas with the 93 octane rating. With everyone starting to fill-up maybe others could list stations with good gas.

For those who are heading up to point breeze or Olcott area and using exit 48a off thruway or traveling north on route 77 the Arrowhawk station at the reservation in Basom has non ethanol gas. Bloomingdale road, around the bend and at the stop sign on the left.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I have heard that Fastrak will soon carry super unleaded fuel without ethanol. If that happens and I see it I will toss up a post to let yall know

I just sent them two e-mails will post if I get a answer back !!!!!! :yes:

Actually its law that the ethanol in the gas has to be displayed on the pump but if there is no ethanol it will either say so or not because that is up to the operator to post it. There are no indications on the pumps at Arrowhawk, but I asked Wednesday night and they confirmed NO ETHANOL. my V 10 got 15.6 mpg for the 20 miles home compared to usual 11.5.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY

Mark

Drum Oil & Propane - UNBRANDED 8776 Rochester Road, Gasport NY Ethanol-free octane ratings: 90 GPS coordinates: N 43.20016 W 78.53759 (entered by Andrew Drum) Available out front in the above ground 500 gallon tank labeled as non-ethanol gas. Don't use the dispenser, as that's regular 10% ethanol gas. Posted by Andrew Drum, February 21, 2012 8:09 CST

That's on the south side of 31 not sure of the price. 500 gal above ground tank is not a lot of storage.

I'm just throwing this out there because I don't know and am curious. I found out that Salmon Country in Mexico and (2) marinas in Pulaski sell ValvTect fuels. Has anyone tried buying fuel for their truck at a marina? Do they allow it or do most marinas only sell it for your boat? I have seen that non-ethanol fuels do increase gas mileage, and was thinking that while fueling-up the boat that perhaps I'd try filling up the truck, as well. Anyone ever tried this with successful results? I'd hope the marina doesn't care one way or the other - they're making a sale....

I'm going to test some of the gas, just to be sure.

http://autofuelstc.com/autofuelstc/pa/ethanoltest.html

:beer::beer:

Interesting, as I read the test method, a light goes on in my little brain cell. I wonder if for purposes of using the fuel in small quantities as for power equipment or for a trolling motor, why one could not use the water separation of the alcohol from the gasoline to an advantage and carefully drain the stratified water/alcohol mix off the bottom of a containment vessel with a visible petcock water separator attached to the bottom of the gas vessel. Thereby leaving a more pure form of gas in the storage can. I know it is not cost effective for large quantities but for small batches it could be offset by the savings on equipment failures. ........why are we always trying to undo the government mandates?.... hey the separator works on my Cat engine works the same way and takes water right out of the fuel and works fine. I remember the early 70's pollution control mandates that ruined the efficiency of our cars, I was forever unhooking and bypassing it all to get back to a good clean running engine.

Now it really is hitting the pocket of all of us on behalf of all the EPA experiments!

OHHHH, ANOTHER THOUGHT!....wonder if you could take the water/ alcohol mix that came off the bottom of the gas can and put it in a copper still and render it down to good whiskey with a little flavoring of peach or other fruit. Then there would be no waste. Buy your still here http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/

:yes::devil::angel::bandit::tmi::drink::drink::drink::shake::nod::happy2:

ut oh what happened to my little brain cell? :thinking::drunk:

a good test as follows....with a small container add 10% water ,add some gas....shake for 10 sec....let settle.if theres more than 10%water on the bottom....its has ethanol.....very simple test

I was in Oklahoma City a couple days ago and there is NON ethanol on almost every corner. Seems that the preponderance of older cars that last longer from the south has a force in the market. Hope we can get a better voice to our stations and get more non ethanol