Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NymphO

Sea nymph help

5 hours ago, MCF said:

Electrolysis usually occurs in fresh water by a boat being moored in a marina with some electric current entering the water.  I know of another Sea Nymph which had batteries mounted up front for an electric motor and had corrosion in the helm area because battery acid had leaked over time. 

That's what I was thinking also the batteries are on that side.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:45 PM, buckboardjr said:

I did a full restoration on my GLS in 99 and the 1st thing it did was sink, do to cracked line from live well line that runs from transom. If yours has one, plug the intake and outlet ports in transom and see if leak goes away. I put new lines in mine and was good to go but never use live well. Being it's up front it sloshes around to mush in heavy seas and splashes out on to the deck to much.

i have found where the leak is just not sure what to do maybe junk it. i found corrosion on the bottom under the helm and polked a small drill right on through in one of a dozen spots by hand . the corrosion is just behind where the batteries are for the trolling mtr. i had put some marine sealant on the hole and had very little water after having it out on the water. now i'm at a loss as to what to do.

I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and Alumin. sheet metal repairs are  very common on aircraft do to corrosion. Especially bellies of aircraft near the bathrooms. Sheet metal is fun to do depending on your damage you could possibly get away with a bonded and blind riveted "Scab"patch from the outside or a solid bucked rivet scab patch or you may have to pull floor to assess and repair/ strengthen internal structure once you read how to do it and buy or borrow  a few specialty tools it might be a  DIY! 

When I had a leak in my sea nymph I had trouble finding blind rivets (closed end) at any of the local marinas. I ordered them on line but had to buy a min amount. I believe it was $75 or $100. Bought the big heavy duty rivet tool at Harbor Freight. Lots of 3M sealant around the rivets and all is fine.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, lrg355 said:

When I had a leak in my sea nymph I had trouble finding blind rivets (closed end) at any of the local marinas. I ordered them on line but had to buy a min amount. I believe it was $75 or $100. Bought the big heavy duty rivet tool at Harbor Freight. Lots of 3M sealant around the rivets and all is fine.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I got some rugged ones from ski doo. $.75 - $1. a pc. If it were mine, I would most likely pull floor to investigate  and then during fix use solid bucked rivets that are cheap and better. My fiend bought a car wrecked Aluin boat cheap and we put a flush patch  with internal doublers 18 in wide x 3.5 ft up front in the compound curve area . Came out choice. No one could even tell unless we pointed it out to them and showed them the extra rows of rivets that caught the doublers.

thanks for all the replies and tips guys all are greatly appreciated. it looks like i have a few fastenal stores not far from me . i'll start the floor removal next month let the project begin.