Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeyBaby

Erie eyes, on Gambler Riggs?

Yesterday took the drive to Sturgeon Point to try and fill a box full of Walleye! And I am glad I brought a bunch of Gambler Riggs worm harnesses!!! The bite was incredible to say the least, and all but one fish came on Gambler Riggs, 23 walleye and one giant perch! Riggers, divers, lead core, they were chomping the hell out of these things!! Great product, and I would highly suggest giving them a go!!

20190821_173548.thumb.jpeg.cc988874058a8c7af325dc718df1e350.jpeg20190825_105700.thumb.jpeg.c0e926980045dac80c35843272a467ac.jpeg20190825_125221.thumb.jpeg.f0ebc6209f3b13bfceca28fd69f4a808.jpeg20190825_104140.thumb.jpeg.88787ac61d5629454b301029ac435eb5.jpeg

• Like 3

Had one eat a spin n glow rig behind a set of cowbells 2 weeks ago.  Saw the fish on the graph go down to bottom in 70’ to eat it.

Jakeybaby, interested in the gambler rig.

how fast can you troll them for eyes ?

did you have a favourite colour?

and where can you buy them ? Thanks

I fished them at 2.1- 2.2 off the gps. Gold Goby, Silver Glow, and Green Monster did the most damage for us last weekend. Hopefully will be heading back in the morning. As where to get them...https://gamblerrigs.com/products/walleye-worm-harnesses. Just wait until you put a worm on these and watch them swim, Eye killers for sure!

Jakeybaby, thanks for the info. After fishing lake o for years for trout and salmon I like the fact you can troll these in Erie at the same speed as lake O. Just feel you can cover so much more water at 2+ then the normal 1mph for normal worm harness. Plus I should be able to run them along side my stick baits .

Just ordered some ..thanks again

JB, when your using them, just using them straight off of a leader or with a weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Straight off the leader for them. I ran them on divers, lead core and riggers.

Nice going. Brian told me you were doing good on them. If I can peel him away from those lakers next year, we will do some major testing. Gives us another option besides the harnesses.

Headed back to Erie yesterday to give it another go. The lake was like a wash tub so being on your toes was a must! Took a little bit to really find them but once we did it was on! Gambler Rigs out fished everything else once again! The newest color Purple Haze and Gold Golbie were the MVP's!

20190908_094457.jpeg20190908_112257.jpeg20190908_182033.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Glad to see he’s got purple ones now...guess I have to order some...god I hate running crawler harnesses tho.   How bad is your bycatch of white perch on these things.

To be honest, I haven't caught a single one in the last 2 trips. But we did catch 5 slob yellow perch on them while we were trolling for eyes!

Yea buddy that looks impressive for sure!! I can attest that using a slow death hook on these riggs simply walleyes cant resist!!! Must add a good swivel in between the main line and rig as the whole shyt & kaboodle must spin not just the beatle spins themselves!!!🤙🤙

Edited by Xxx

6 hours ago, Jomat said:

Glad to see he’s got purple ones now...guess I have to order some...god I hate running crawler harnesses tho.   How bad is your bycatch of white perch on these things.

with so many eyes in Erie they may just work running clean

Fished Erie out of SBH ran gambler rigs on one side and a stick and spoon on the other trolling at 2 mph. Boxed out with 18 eyes The gambler rig out performed the stick and spoon 2 to 1   Them eyes LOVE worms EB226A69-F245-442F-ACD2-84E6C4BEAB44.thumb.jpeg.d28cca8cb082a57039e3e3612576b670.jpeg

• Like 2

Raise the prices Brian!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

If your asking me 63 feet. Probably should have launched at SP because we were a lot closer to SP then SBH. But 63 close to the fence. Fish were on the bottom .

we run 2 riggers and 2 wire divers. 

Thanks for the plugs guys! A new color is arriving any day now. I am also having a Gambler Rig exclusive spin n glo made for these rigs. If you look in Jakeybabys photos you will see it. It is a black and purple spin n glo with UV wings. The skirt will be black purple and mirage to match.

• Thanks 1

This thread has got my curiosity up on the gambler rigs. Ordered 6 today hope they arrive for early next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

All of the orders I received today were local and will ship tomorrow. They should be there Saturday or Monday at the latest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GAMBLER said:

Thanks for the plugs guys! A new color is arriving any day now. I am also having a Gambler Rig exclusive spin n glo made for these rigs. If you look in Jakeybabys photos you will see it. It is a black and purple spin n glo with UV wings. The skirt will be black purple and mirage to match.

Thanks thays been my go to color and i was going to place an order im glad i read this for sure. Thanks PAP.