Sellers on the Classifieds

It took me awhile to write this because we as members here should be trusted to deliver once a sale has been made.I Have been a member here for awhile and have bought and sold items with no problems.The last items i (thought )I bought ,the seller and I agreed on a price and I sent a check for the correct price.After the seller received the check ,I was notified that HE,the seller, decided to sell to another person because he was offered more money for the same item that I had sent a check for.If this is the way some people are on this site,I hope nobody buys items from this person in the future.A deal is a deal after check or paypal is done.I hope nobody does business with" BrokeOff" in the future,but if you do, you might want to reconsider your actions.

Thank you Fishy

I had a drift boat on the classifieds a few years back and the 1st guy that PM'd me was given the opportunity to buy it. Over the time period that I gave the guy to buy it, I  was offered at least 3 higher offers for it, and I'm  talking hundreds more.  When I replied that I was holding it for the 1st guy I actually took some flack for not screwing him. So much for trying to do the right thing.

I too have bought many things on here and knock on wood never had a problem. A deal is a deal and should be honored as a gentlemen unless the buyer does not come thru in a reasonable amount of time and then, in my opinion the seller should keep a list of perspective buyers in order they responded and then sell to the next person. The good thing about this site is everyone is on top of something like this.

I had a drift boat on the classifieds a few years back and the 1st guy that PM'd me was given the opportunity to buy it. Over the time period that I gave the guy to buy it, I  was offered at least 3 higher offers for it, and I'm  talking hundreds more.  When I replied that I was holding it for the 1st guy I actually took some flack for not screwing him. So much for trying to do the right thing.

sounds to me you did the right thing by keeping to your word with the first guy you made the deal with

2nd hand buying and selling is hard.  Frustrates me greatly at times but there is always another side that I don't know about.  I usually know right away if the deal is going to be made by how well the communication starts out.  But even when it starts out good... then it can unravel.  If a business behaves poorly the outcome is obvious.  Other than ebay classifieds are a huge risk because there is no rating for buyers & sellers.

I have made out great and I have also regretted it.  ~50/50

I hope you feel better Fishy...

Joe

First of all I'd like to let you folks know that I have found Fishy to be wonderful in terms of dealing with and he is an honest fellow who goes out of his way to provide good service to the folks he is dealing with. I've done business with him on multiple occasions, and have visited his tackle shop.  He recently ordered and then he even hand delivered an item to me by driving from Branchport to Canandaigua on just a promise that I would pay him on delivery. He also purchased and picked up some downrigger weights for a pal of mine at the Watkins Glen show earlier this year without being paid first etc. Fishy is a first class guy and merchant  and sure doesn't deserve to get screwed in this way...it sucks. I will also say that I have done quite a few transactions with folks on LOU thus far and although the monetary amounts weren't huge I even have sent checks previous to getting the goods but luckily in each case I have dealt with very honest people and have been happy with the process.  I have however had a couple transactions outside of LOU with Internet companies that have left something to be desired.  I think it is very unfortunate that the exception to the rule can undermine trust in one another but letting others know who the people are that we need to stay away from in transactions is important. The old adage "Let the buyer beware" apparently is a still necessary caution but it sure doesn't help the person who is screwed over once it happens.

thanks for posting this. I find this site full of genuine folks and the reputation of this site has a lot to do with the fisherman that frequent the forum. If you have to pull the rug out of a deal to make a couple more bucks, i think your in the wrong place.... cause we all know the amount of money we put into catching fish... I'm much better off going to red slobster and paying for my 40$ salmon that going out and catching one. to each his own, but i'd rather lose money than bone a fellow LOU member. Once again, thanks for the heads up!

fishy is right i did back out on his deal to make an xtra $100. I did not have check in hand, I got another offer thru paypal and i took it. didn't feel right doing it but i did.  i msgd him he wasnt happy said he was going to post and he did. thats fine, he has the right to bash me

Edited by BrokeOff

Unfortunately it sounds like this post has more to it than what is being laid out here ( mutiple deals). That being said I dont think this is the place for two guys to air out their dirty laundry. Usually both sides have some fault to take onus about. Hope you two can work it out like gentlemen.