Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Well I've been hanging on to this for a couple days, but my buddy finally made it official. Here's a pic of his monster buck shot Friday evening from the ground in Newfane. This is the third season he was after this buck. He has many pictures, the sheds from two years ago, and has seen it 4 times. It scores roughly 210" non typical, has 23 score able points, and dressed at 209 lbs. After seeing this years rack, he decided this was the only deer he would harvest this year and he got it done.

post-149813-14760603521121_thumb.jpg

post-149813-14760603612705_thumb.jpg

Well I've been hanging on to this for a couple days, but my buddy finally made it official. Here's a pic of his monster buck shot Friday evening from the ground in Newfane. This is the third season he was after this buck. He has many pictures, the sheds from two years ago, and has seen it 4 times. It scores roughly 210" non typical, has 23 score able points, and dressed at 209 lbs. After seeing this years rack, he decided this was the only deer he would harvest this year and he got it done.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1476060351.322670.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1476060360.459125.jpg

Hilarious - this is the sixth time I've seen this pic today from everyone texting it to me.

Absolute deer of a lifetime - congrats to the hunter!

Chris

Crisp, cold start to the morning. 39 degrees and a light north wind. Only Does and fawns have been on their feet so far though. Including a doe with triplets. I wasn't convinced the first time but this is the third time I have seen her this season.

Got to the stand late. Forgot to switch my glasses for contacts and as soon as I got into the stand for doe walk by. Great morning but it gets better. Saw seven bucks after the four doe. 2 different fights and saw an absolute pig. Wish I had a youth hunter with me

post-155817-14761045364648_thumb.jpg

post-155817-1476104561679_thumb.jpg

post-140970-14761064516186_thumb.jpg lots of deer moving from 7-830 saw 7 doe and this small buck. After I pulled my cam cards I had a decent buck skirt me down a different trail about 30yards away, damn foliage. Beautiful morning though. I wish one of the doe presented a nice shot but there's always tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

So I finally get a chance to get back out and I discover when I get to my tree that I'm missing my safety strap, knife and flashlight (daughter borrowed my fanny pack to hunt this weekend). Should be interesting if I stick something late.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Just settled in and had a fox across the field. Coaxed him all the way to my tree. Came to full draw and said bang! He's lucky season doesn't open till the 25th! Cool to practice on. Now let's get to the main event!