Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Don't have much time to hunt this morning so I'm sitting on a ridge with easy in and out access. Haven't seen anything yet, but the scrape in front of me is pretty fresh. I thought about freshenening it up when I leave, but with these colder temps this morning, peeing down my legs and rubbing my knees together didn't sound too appealing. Plus it might be hard to explain to my wife when I get home 😛

What do you use in your mock scrapes?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The scrape i was hunting over this morning actually isnt a mock scrape. But for mock scrapes I use Smokeys Buck Preorbital gland lure on overhead branches and Code Blue scrape mate or Kishels buck in rut on the ground

Very surprised this morning. After 7:45 the deer have had me covered up! Bucks, does, and fawns. One of the fawns must have a cold she was sneezing up a storm. Heard a buck grunt louder then I have ever heard. First sit in this spot this to to pretty much just scout, bailing out shortly to leave it till things start getting good!

Chris who owns the field next to our property shot a big doe yesterday evening that he ended up recovering in our woods...we saw nothing at all this morning. Related? Maybe. Or it could have been that it was 30 degrees warmer than yesterday morning, windy, and a setting full moon. Better days coming.

Anybody else not too excited to see the weather this week? 80 degrees on Tuesday. Seriously?