Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Things are definitely going to starting ramping up after this front comes through! Been waiting for things to be right before hitting it hard! Will be duck hunting Saturday morning then in a tree hard from then on. My buddy managed to take a deer he's been chasing Monday evening. HUGE body and taped out at 158 1/8! Monroe County Monster!

wow nice! if you get a pic put it up for us, if ok with your buddy of course

Nice doe! Whats on her front leg?

I am pretty sure it is called deer warts. I've seen pics but never in person so im assuming that is what it was! But read it is not transferable to humans! And it is only a temporary thing!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by machzrcr

I live in Boonville, no snow just rain?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Time for me to get a new weather app I guess, lol. Our camp is in montague.... Seems like any weather is possible at anytime[emoji15]Low of 29 predicted saturday. Hopefully that gets em moving!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by EsoxAC3

Were they moving last night prior to today's front? I had a chance to sit the last hour but with the heat and the fact that it's near some standing water, I passed. Grilled some big steaks for a visitor from Germany instead and watched the sun go down from the porch. Great evening.

Were they moving last night prior to today's front? I had a chance to sit the last hour but with the heat and the fact that it's near some standing water, I passed. Grilled some big steaks for a visitor from Germany instead and watched the sun go down from the porch. Great evening.

Sat last night and had my first skunk of the year. I heard some action in a thicket in front of me, but they never showed their faces.

Being part pf Deer Search I monitor our call in system for hunters looking for help. Usually the 4th or so of November the calls really start coming in, sit tight not long now.

WNY Deer search 716.648.4355

Finger Lakes DS 585.935.5220

both have internet pages.

Edited by scobar

Being part pf Deer Search I monitor our call in system for hunters looking for help. Usually the 4th or so of November the calls really start coming in, sit tight not long now.

WNY Deer search 716.648.4355

Finger Lakes DS 585.935.5220

both have internet pages.

I have had my tracking license for years now, my dog is turning 15 next month( now outta service) we tracked on average 25 times a year for the last ten years. What you do is great for the sport and very needed. I haven't the heart to get a puppy yet but I'm leaning towards a Walker/ red bone that wants to chase deer instead of coons.

Edited by Nautitroller

My dog is a mix breed, some kind of hound, first the family member, second a excellent tracker. Got her as a rescue

That's exactly what my dog is, a rescue and some kinda hound mix.. She was a good tracker but always wanted the freshest deer track. Track and confirm blood, always trusted her but sometimes she took me on crazy chases after live deer.

i have little hot dogs im gona train mine i've been told they do a hreat job

The Dachshund is a great tracker that works very hard, a little dog that is close to the blood may have a tendency to ground check instead of air checking. My dog learned early that a short cut is to smell the dead deer( air check) and go straight to it, but if it's not the wounded deer then back to the last blood...

Edited by Nautitroller