Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

On corn field overwatch tonight. The line of showers just passed and the wind is starting to let up. Let's hope for a good night!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Too warm Too early yet...save your energy

I'd have to agree. I have sidelined myself more this year then ever by far! Alot has to do with the fact that I have yet to even get a pic of a 3 1/2 year old to this point. And for me that is my target 3 1/2 or older! Most mature deer don't usually tend to show up a little later in the season do to the lack of agg on my properties. Most consist of thick stuff you can't penatrate. Even with all our food plots it's tough to compete with farmers fields when it comes to food. Good things are coming I can feel it!

Too warm Too early yet...save your energy

Trying to put in as much time as possible with the kid before basketball season starts and he can only hunting weekends.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I should have known better than to sit last night, but I had a stand that I thought would be hot for doe and I really wanted to put one down before leaving for study section to review grants in DC soon. I have a hankering for some of T. Constanza's smoked meat products this year   :yes:

Nada. 

And 3-5" of rain Thursday/Friday.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

This is the fish gods condolences to all the the guys that works their ass off, during the pen rearing prodjects down to the egg and milt extractors and all the sciences that are needed to keep this sought after fish by the millions of fisher folks who bring millions of $$$ into the NY state locals!! I've got my fingers crossed it happens!!!

post-144765-14768415135567_thumb.jpg

Put up a new stand today was going to let it sit but wind was perfect so let the wife sit there. And ended up having this girl walk by my stand and give me a nice 20 yd shot so took it! Sucks it's soo warm but. Now I can relax and be super picky on shooting anything the rest of the season! And gunna go pheasant hunting tomorrow!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by machzrcr

Things are definitely going to starting ramping up after this front comes through! Been waiting for things to be right before hitting it hard! Will be duck hunting Saturday morning then in a tree hard from then on. My buddy managed to take a deer he's been chasing Monday evening. HUGE body and taped out at 158 1/8! Monroe County Monster!