Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Full moons the 14th !! Don't lose hope it's a little later in spots this year then usually. The best days are coming !!! Lots of chasing and my big food plot had one 6 point feeding first lite by himself wich is a big change to the dozen or so doe that been in there daily.

Big rubs showing up every where its about to break lose anytime. They will be coming out of the wood work like zombies this next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by BigWilly

Well since I have been home from vacation, Ive been in a tree.  Prime time. Two weeks straight, am and pm. Rain or shine. But the wind has finally sidelined me. 25 mph winds... Im taking the day off today!!! Ill be back at it tomorrow with my kid in tow. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20161111_082545189

Not the buck we saw this morning but a dandy and I got it on video!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome looking buck, it looks like a older buck to me that it could be at his prime in horn mass. With a rack like that, you could of shot a much older buck, either way you should be proud of yourself without a doubt!! The kickers on the base are amazing, and the neck on the old guy sure shows his dominance, with out a doubt!! That's a wall hanger for sure!! Congrats man on your kill!!! Edited by pap

Awesome looking buck, it looks like a older buck to me that it could be at his prime in horn mass. With a rack like that, you could of shot a much older buck, either way you should be proud of yourself without a doubt!! The kickers on the base are amazing, and the neck on the old guy sure shows his dominance, with out a doubt!! That's a wall hanger for sure!! Congrats man on your kill!!!

Yea. Kind of hard to tell haven't looked at teeth yet! But was cool to be with him and do a little filming for him!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Have hunted what i call pre and post 'enlightenment'- before and after lunar data. 20+ years of hunting experience. I have hunted without the lunar tables for roughly half of that time. Lunar/solar data plays a role in my hunting experience. Biggest bucks and most deer have been seen on full moon with cooperating weather. Most animal activity for that matter as well. Couple days before full tend to be good also. In my humble opinion and experience.

Edited by EsoxAC3

Nice rack. As far as the moon there has been a lot of articles on moon phase. There are also a lot more variables to consider.

Duckman makes a good point..... Worth reading the theory......full moon does not equal slam dunk. Sure can be productive when everything lines up tho. Good luck. [emoji281]

Edited by EsoxAC3

Duckman makes a good point..... Worth reading the theory......full moon does not equal slam dunk. Sure can be productive when everything lines up tho. Good luck. [emoji281]

I've read countless articles from everything from field and stream to university studies. Some same one thing and the rest opposite. Just wondering what ones individual experiences are.