Don’t be this guy

Just clearing my boat. I have a red Tracker WT Targa V18 docked south of the bridge and also was out there Sunday morning. My wife and I would never put ourselves in that situation and head the other way when there is a cluster of trolling boats. It's a big lake. I saw that guy out there too. Just don't want anybody pointing the finger at me. I already received a few phone calls. Safety and respect first. Fish second!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, R tracker18 said:

Just clearing my boat. I have a red Tracker WT Targa V18 docked south of the bridge and also was out there Sunday morning. My wife and I would never put ourselves in that situation and head the other way when there is a cluster of trolling boats. It's a big lake. I saw that guy out there too. Just don't want anybody pointing the finger at me. I already received a few phone calls. Safety and respect first. Fish second!

It was a brand new tracker.  I knew it wasn’t yours.  

10 hours ago, rolmops said:

I will try to be “Devil’s Advocate” in this matter.

I think that we just take it for granted that everyone should know that our fishing boats have lines out that are up to 400 feet behind the boat. Not everyone knows that.

Also, being out on the water causes a certain “awareness gap” and causes the brain to go into a different place.

Many years ago, when I taught my kids how to drive I told them that they should expect everybody around them to be complete idiots and that it is smarter to be wise than it is to be right. 
Using that attitude prevents a lot of trouble and keeps you from being upset when you should be happy 

If you troll salmon,  you should know what others could possibly be running.  We are not talking about someone that is just a pleasure boater.  There is also NO reason to run that close to somebody.  It’s a huge lake and there were not many boats out there!  

44 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Get over it and move on . 

Probably was Gators fault anyway. 

We all know what kind of a devious  trouble maker he can be 🤣🤣

You must have heard about the weekend at the marina?  🤣

it's a total chit show out there just check out MIAMI BOAT RAMPS or ALFRED MONTANER CHIT SHOW and you understand what good boaters are dealing with ! Most of the population is already brain damaged from the clot shots and i know the 'KING SAILBOATERS" are some of the worst a-holes , i'm not sure what to do except get a marine horn and just blast the mo-ther-ckers !

On 7/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, chinook35 said:

All vessels, regardless of size must obey the rules of the road 

A lot of boaters do NOT know the rules of the road and forcing us to get a boating license will not change how some people pilot their boat.

1 hour ago, marinecrafts said:

A lot of boaters do NOT know the rules of the road and forcing us to get a boating license will not change how some people pilot their boat.

That’s exactly why we have a mandatory boater course in NY. It’s hard to follow the rules if you don’t know them. If I had a say EVERYONE who operates a vessel would take the CG 18hour boating course  

It’s not just new boaters. This spring I had on a 20 pound king on off sandy. Fighting it by myself in my 20’ boat. I locked the tm in a straight line so I could focus on getting my fish in. A charter boat saw me reeling it in and came from about 1/4 mile out and cut right in front of me by about 100’. I couldn’t believe it.

• Like 1

The mayhem off Sandy this morning was fun to watch.  Thank god I stayed inside of everyone.  Why do guys North South through boats all playing nice trolling East West?  There always has to be one....  

• Like 1

Just now, GAMBLER said:

The mayhem off Sandy this morning was fun to watch.  Thank god I stayed inside of everyone.  Why do guys North South through boats all playing nice trolling East West?  There always has to be one....  

Man, I was thinking the same thing this morning 

• Like 1