2010 Pay Every Day Derby thread

Well when I was notified I figured the word must have been around, so I checked all my favorite internet spots that I haven't checked lately and couldn't find a word.

But lets hope its true

A new site http://www.payeverydayderby.com is suppose to be under construction

(and of course I just checked as I am typing this (duh) and there is in fact a site started

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Bob Fisher of Brockport is suppose to be heading the gig

He is a friend of Dick Schleyer from way back in the early ESLO days

I got note to call if you have any questions

1-585-637-8216

I think his phone-line may just get tied up pretty soon

He He He He

Info came to me via the Crazy B itch via Rob Sherwood via Bill Hilts

Tom

Maybe I'll even enter it this time so that when I catch a fish again that would win me a thousand bucks I can cash in if they actually pay it out this time :o:o:wondering::wondering::wondering::doh::doh:

The fish I am holding in the picture next to my name at the bottom of the page is one I caught while out with King Me/Steve Drave that would have won that days $1,000 :o:doh::doh::devil::@:@:@:@:@:@:@

At least I can sleep at night knowing that I would not have gotten paid anyways :no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Wasn't the original derby bankrupt before the halfway point and they were never able to payout the daily winners, much less the Lund that was supposed to comprise the grant prize? There was alot of bad feelings when that derby went South. I'd like to think that any new derby run under the same format would be better organized financially. Maybe the payout could be tethered to the number of entrants? And as with any derby, it seems to me like some independent oversight would help to convince anglers that all is on the up-and-up...there were some concerns in the past, as I recall...

That having been said, if it's legit and well run, I'm in!

Gator

The saga begins.....

First year of the $1k/day derby everything went fine - $1K/day for the largest salmon as we all know. Second year (the bankruptcy year) was an expanded version $1k/day for the largest salmon, also paid $1500/week for the largest trout. IMHO this is where he went wrong. We - team waterlogged - were one of those who "won" the daily prize but were never paid. Smitty, Kevin and I boated the winning fish and Smitty even got a call telling him he was the winner (many other details to the story as well) and he should receive his check in the mail the following week. In the next few days the bankruptcy notice was posted on the web site but good old smitty's name was still there as the winner...and never any check. There were guys from this board who paid entry fees after he stopped payouts!! Dave Henderson was the guys name -- from Canada. Hope this new endeavor is more true to their word if it comes off.

BTW - I can PM the details of our "win" if you like as it was an unbelievable story. In a nutshell - the grand prize $20k fish for the fall derby that year was disqualified plus the $1k/day fish which made us the winner of the $1k for that day in August.

Clarke

Gee - maybe Dave Henderson will get a conscience and pay those that won and never received their $$$ - NOT!!!!!

hopefully the new group will run this event better! there are tons of horror stories surrounding the past $1000.00 a day derby from non-payments to a large amount of cheating both confirmed and uncomfirmed! tighter rules and strong enforcement will pay dividends! unfortunatley the word cheat comes up way to often in these events and unfortunately there are tons of ways to cheat the system and not enough ways to prevent it due to it being lake wide! being retired i enjoyed fishing the old $1000.00 a day derby until the facts as well as rumors started to fly about the negative issues that were taking place. i am routing for this event to make it and these organizers dont fall prey to what occured a few years back or its days will be numbered as well. Dave

That derby was awesome. I think it was $75/person annually. Did anyone get paid in the second year? Hell I'd even support a $500/day derby. It makes you fish that much harder even out of Rochester when all the kings are in Niagara.... :)

Good Fishing.

John

Yeah we all lost money, had several fish we never got paid for as well

Sucks but to cry over spilled milk is only going to take away from a new event, such is life

From the small article I read it was either $30/day or $100 for the season, very limited info but hey just the hope is a nice thought

Tom

Tom and friends

The derby is under construction as we speak..i know of this first hand. lots of details still need to be worked out yet..As we all know all to well the money has to come from somewere..sponsers and other related items are starting to come together but again it all takes time. Thats what is going on for now. I dont think that Bob is too interested in letting this thing out yet while it is in the embrio stage..But if all goes well we will have the derby for 2010.

chris