SLR Bass opener

Nice ones.  Brings back memories of the bass opener at Cannonsville reservoir with my dad and brother.  Every year we used to go and get some smallies and they always get so pale when you ice em down.  Pretty good eating fish when they are in that small to medium size range.  

1 hour ago, Chas0218 said:

I just can't bring myself to eat bass when I can get myself some walleye or perch, the perch are on fire right now.

I agree and haven't eaten bass in a long time but the last ones I kept were some smaller smallies from Lake George and they were pretty darn good.  Not quite as good as perch or eyes but not bad.  Talk about good I wish we had some haddock in our local lakes:lol:

• Like 1

Wow thats a slob.

I'm 99% catch and release but I kept a smallie this past weekend for a solo dinner, kinda for the heck of it. Right around the 3lb range, maybe 3.25.  First time I've eaten one in probably 20 years and I must say it was pretty dang good. Very mild flavor. 

8 hours ago, nasc620 said:

It was 20 3/4 inches. I didn’t have anything to girth it with, I’m leaning towards getting a replica made

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Next time, use a piece of fishing line.  Put it around the fish and cut it where it meets.  Measure it when you get home!

• 2 weeks later...