Wind Turbines on Lake Ontario!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Appears to me, the gov't subsidy for many of the green energy projects are ...quietly...skulking away. I have noted many more diesel vendors pumps are NOT labelled biomass blend as much...a lot that were,, are not now. Puts more money in my pocket, and that helps my Lyntucky economy....where it matters!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Found the graphs Fish r Swim presented interesting. The very last one basically says global warming is a natural phenomenom. We don't seem to be off the charts from previous occurances of temp spikes. Looks like a cold spell may be coming in a few hundred years if the data repeats itself.

I like the carbon fiber wind rods in one of the articles. (open Fish r Swim's article link and then open another link to wind power without blades). All they have to do is put some artificial branches on those poles to make it look aesthetically better, like a forest.

Some stupid Federal Agency is spending

two million of your tax dollars to place wind mills seven miles offshore in Lake Erie off Cleveland , Ohio. With three coal burning plants on Lake Erie, Niagara River and Lake Ontario being shut down this is real stupidity. Not withstanding the loss of jobs, tax revenues and independence from importing power from other states, the wasting of hundreds of millions of tax dollars through tax credits for pollution controls here in New York that make the plants more environmentally safe these fools are letting the camel get its nose in the window. Soon the whole camel will be in our backyard.

• 4 weeks later...

Her's another victory for the people V. Iberdrola . Hammond is on the St. Lawrence and also near Black Lake . The article notes that although the Spaniards have abandonded this project , the hard feelings between neighbors will go on .

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/ ... of-hammond

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We need to keep an eye on things. I've gotten word that the planned project to put turbines in Lake Erie is a "go". The same thing seems to exist there that we dealt with initially - nobody was aware the pinwheel projects were a topic. Seems a large chunk of them are planned to go up between Erie and Buffalo. Way too close for comfort, if you ask me!!! And, reports are that the residents are FOR them. I've not heard much response from the fishermen...possibly because they do not know about them.

Can anyone from the western end of the lake advise if they've heard more about the Lake Erie project?

The cost of natural gas in Europe is triple our cost here and the European nations are relocating manufacturing plants to the USA now due to our lower energy costs. The cost of a ship to install and maintain these water sited turbines is never mentioned . Wind turbines in Downtown Cleveland do not have Homeland Security laws limited public access to be near them, Why would the water make a diffference? Why would we export our natural gas by liquifying it and shipping it to China and Europe when we can return to the USA the manufacturing jobs that caused our high unemployment?

• 3 weeks later...

Albany suits are trying to shove a 2.2 billion dollar power line project from Labrador Power Dams to send electricity to New York on to the locals. Lately the media has reported all bad deals about coal burning and the benefits of wind power. These reports are generated by lobbyists for their masters selling the power change to the public which we would be burdened with for the rest of eternity. Meanwhile our local economy will take a dump with the loss of jobs and tax revenues. Do not fall for the deal that Albany and the investment community is foisting on us. Whether the coal is burned here or India or China, it still is one world and we will take the hit for this foolishness. 

• 3 months later...

ut oh!  #10 goal..   :worried:  :@        . :mooning:

http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/NewsBlog/archives/2013/08/05/lake-ontario-offshore-wind-not-a-dead-issue

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I was about to post this but already ahead of me. I think it is dead.

"

Lake Ontario offshore wind not a dead issue POSTED BY JEREMY MOULE ON MON, AUG 5, 2013 AT 9:55 AM
The state Department of Environmental Conservation recently released its Great Lakes basin action agenda -- 10 items and related goals compiled from existing plans and studies.

The document is full of important and interesting goals and objectives, but some are going to get more attention than others. Offshore wind power development is one of those issues. A few years ago, the New York Power Authority tried to advance an off-shore wind project, but it ultimately stalled. Critics and supporters of the effort were quite vocal.

In its energy development section, however, the new DEC document makes several references to potential offshore wind development. On the state's end, it suggests that the state do planning work to identify at least one area where offshore wind development could occur.

The DEC is accepting comments on the plan through September 1. They can be submitted via e-mail to [email protected]."

• 4 weeks later...

Plain and simple, the maintenance cost on the wind mills is much more than the energy savings they produce. look at any wind farm, usually more than half aren't turning. Why? they dont work or need maintenance.

• 1 month later...

I would have to quote George Carlin(R.I.P.) "Not in my back yard!" Ugly friggin things! We, the consumer will never see a penny of savings from this.....only the eye sore! Besides, some boaters can't even enter a marked major river without slamming into the banks. I enjoy my unobstructed view of Lake O. The way Mother Nature intended it to be. Too many high priced elected officials, we can't afford already.

ps: I drove to The Oak and back this week and could not believe the "overage" of Political signs in yards spoiling a beautiful back-drop of the Fall. I don't vote, because of a SIGN, or a NAME or a PARTY. Steve....

• 4 months later...

We received the following from Bill Hilts Jr. the other day.  It looks like the pro windmill in the Great Lakes People are not giving up.

It looks like we have taken over the lead by a small margin, but still should go and vote.  Not sure it'll make any difference, but we need to make sure our voices are heard.

PLEASE VOTE "NO" IN POLL (Pro-wind winning @ 70% as of 9 PM 3/19/14):

"Do you support plan to build wind turbines in Lake Erie?"

(1/2 way down on right side within article) Thanks!

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2014/03/proposed_lake_erie_wind_farm_c.html#comments

Please pass on to all your contacts!

Edited by Tim Bromund

Some stupid Federal Agency is spending

two million of your tax dollars to place wind mills seven miles offshore in Lake Erie off Cleveland , Ohio. With three coal burning plants on Lake Erie, Niagara River and Lake Ontario being shut down this is real stupidity. Not withstanding the loss of jobs, tax revenues and independence from importing power from other states, the wasting of hundreds of millions of tax dollars through tax credits for pollution controls here in New York that make the plants more environmentally safe these fools are letting the camel get its nose in the window. Soon the whole camel will be in our backyard.

Sorry about my late reaction,but...

Coal fired plants on Lake Erie means that this coal was mined somewhere in the USA. Some mining company blew the top of some mountain in the Appalachian mountains. Miners are still dying of black long disease and mining disasters. A lot of fuel is burned to transport this coal while leaving coal dust along the way. Do you remember what happened a few months ago when a coal mine chemicals holding pond  burst  and destroyed the fresh water supply of a big city in north Carolina? Did you ever wonder how much the cooling water of these plants has raised the overall average temperature in Lake Erie?

I do not like windmills, but I like coal even less

Edited by rolmops

Much depends on action of the local governments and citizens.    Cape Vincent has managed to stave off wind power through the actions of politicians/citizens/govt/etc.   BP Wind seems to have disappeared from Main Street CV.   I've followed this for the past few years.    I am guessing that some day wind power will come to the east end of the big O but hopefully not in my life time.   Sad to see such development since it doesn't help the local economy much and spoils tourism and has some negative environmental impact to wildlife.

• 4 weeks later...

And our taxes continue to to rise , every year the roads get worse and worse and they start to repair them later and later in the season after so many of the blue collar workers cars are ruined, and then they continue to make cuts to budgets that benefit the public sector, it's sickening, why don't these multi billion dollar corporations pool their money together on projects like this? Why does it always involve the tax payers money? All i have to say is, remember the wonderful. Rochester Fast Ferry? We are still paying on that project, while some rich business men turned around and sold it to some European country and the money disappeared and Charlotte was changed forever with a giant terminal taking up space with like two restaurants in the Damn building , who cares though ? The tax payers paid for it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app